1Password4 and 1Password5 not syncing

Ben K.
Ben K.
Community Member

Edits in 1Password5 shared vaults, synced with dropbox, are not showing up on 1Password4. One of the 1P4 computers has had its dropbox uninstalled and reinstalled and the vault reconnected after verifying that the dropbox itself was syncing. 1P4 isn't sucking in the data. 1P4 is on the last version available and 1P5 is on 5.1 (510035)

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015

Hi @Ben K.,

Sorry to hear you're encountering problems with Dropbox Sync. I noticed that you also commented on a separate thread about this issue, and wanted to let you know I've deleted the comment from that thread to avoid duplication while we address it here.

I'd like to direct you to our handy-dandy troubleshooting article about all the things to check when Dropbox Sync isn't working as expected. Figured it's quicker to give you that link than to ask you all the same things in this thread.

Hopefully you'll find your solution there, but if you've already tried everything there and still run into trouble, please let us know a bit more information about what you've tried, what's working and what's not, as well as what version of OS X each Mac is running on. Thanks!

• Ben K.
    Ben K.
    Community Member

What I found out is that although 1Password makes use of dropbox, and usually does it well, it has no ability to detect and correct dropbox conflicted files errors.

What happened to support by email? Ironically, I had to create yet another login to post this to get support on a program designed to reduce my need for logins.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Ben K.,

What I found out is that although 1Password makes use of dropbox, and usually does it well, it has no ability to detect and correct dropbox conflicted files errors.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Can you please elaborate on this? And, were you able to solve the Dropbox sync problem? Are changes to 1Password now syncing correctly between your Macs, or do you still need help with that?

What happened to support by email?

Nothing, we still have email support! :) However, we're encouraging use of our support forums as our first line of customer communication as that allows us to communicate with multiple customers at once, allows customers to search for answers (it's often easier to find an existing solution here than to write out a new message), and is usually faster than email support.

Ironically, I had to create yet another login to post this to get support on a program designed to reduce my need for logins.

Actually, 1Password is not meant to reduce your need for logins - it's meant to help you manage them. 1Password is primarily a way to securely store your confidential information, including login usernames/passwords, bank accounts, credit cards, and so on. It can also integrate with your web browser to fill login forms (as well as credit card and address forms), save new logins when registering on a new site, generate strong passwords, etc. Hopefully 1Password makes it easier for you to store & fill your login credentials for our support forums (as well as other sites), but we'll be happy to help if you have any trouble with that!

This discussion has been closed.