BHPhoto requires a login pop-up

FirstQuadrantOn1PW
FirstQuadrantOn1PW
Community Member
edited April 2015 in 1Password in the Browser

Love the software--outstanding value, but need your help:

I have a couple sites like this one http://www.bhphotovideo.com/ where they make you sign in via a pop-up.
Is there a way to enter my 1PW stuff to make this work?

Terribly sorry if this has been covered--I did not see an answer after quick review/query.
Thanks so much!

Comments

• FirstQuadrantOn1PW
    FirstQuadrantOn1PW
    Community Member

Looks like I mis-posted this inquiry. Should I re-post in the new "SAVING AND FILLING IN BROWSERS" category?

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

No need to re-post. Someone will move this post.

To answer your question, the auto-save should work fine. To login you'll need to click on the "Login/Signup" link to open the popup before you press Ctrl+\.

Could you be a little more specific about what problem you're experiencing?

• Meek
    edited April 2015

Hi @FirstQuadrantOn1PW,

Thank you for letting us know about this site! I can confirm that there is indeed something strange going on - we will look into it and see what we can do. In the meantime, this alternate login page seems to work nicely with 1Password:

https://secure.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=RootPage.jsp&A=getpage&Q=Login.jsp&isLoginOnly=Y

Simply replace the saved website url in that item with the one above and you should be good to go :)

ref: OPX-918

• FirstQuadrantOn1PW
    FirstQuadrantOn1PW
    Community Member

Meek-- This worked great and I appreciate you finding their alternate login page.
    As a follow-up... any tips on finding these alternate pages? I usually Google the site name and "login" and take it from there. Just wondering if you have other keywords or methods. Thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @FirstQuadrantOn1PW ,

I'm glad that Meek's suggestion got things working for you! Other than using Google, I really don't have any tips for seeking out these alternative login pages. Since each site is designed uniquely, it can sometimes be a bit of a challenge.

I'm sorry I don't have a perfect answer for you on that point, but please do let us know if you have any further questions or concerns!

This discussion has been closed.