Greyed out areas for identities, credit cards etc.

verytired
verytired
Community Member

Can find no way to correct greyed out areas of the above. Have had 1password less than 1 month. Is there a chance I do not have a proper license? Down loaded from Mac store app web site. I think this means I have a valid paid for license? Have spent an inordinate amount of time on this.

Comments

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

Looks like you are referring to the (free) iOS version of 1Password, not the Mac version. You must purchase each OS version separately. There is an in-app purchase available for the free iOS version that activates those categories.
    Someone from AgileBits will be along shortly to give you the necessary details.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @verytired,

If you've downloaded 1Password 5 from Apple's Mac App Store (MAS) then you have definitely purchase the Mac version of 1Password as there is no other way to download it. You don't have a licence in the way we talk about an Agile Web Store (AWS) licence as all MAS purchases are tied to your Apple ID and Apple do the verification.

Now it's actually incredibly difficult for me to see what the free version of 1Password 5 for iOS looks like, I'd need a third iOS device and yet another iTunes account dedicated just to not purchasing 1Password for iOS so I'm not as sure as vplewis here. Regardless if it's the cause or not they are correct, our licensing is per platform so a purchase of the Mac version doesn't get you the Pro features in the iOS version.

Still, I'd like to better understand what you're referring to when you say "correct greyed out areas of the above". Once we better understand we'll certainly do our best to help.

• verytired
    verytired
    Community Member

Greyed out areas are just like those in this picture download. They do not seem to occur on my iPhone nor iPad. But they are a definite part of `1password on my MacBook Air.
    Hope you can use this URL for the image I am talking about. Please note the greyed out areas. Verytired

• Hi @verytired,

It looks like that screenshot is from our user guide, here: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-mac/5/en/topic/item-list

That screenshot was modified after it was taken to emphasize "item list" by greying out the other areas. That should never actually happen in real app.

Just to confirm, that's what you're seeing in 1Password on your Mac? Could I please get you to take a screenshot of 1Password on your actual Mac?

Thanks in advance! :)

• verytired
    verytired
    Community Member

This is what I get when I drop the image. Even though the first image was from the user guide it is exactly the same in appearance as to the one that is being sent to you now. This happens on both my IMac as well as my MacBook Air.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @verytired,

Thank! Your screenshot didn't appear for me, but I was able to download & crop it, and I blurred some details just in case you wanted to keep them private:

Your screenshot doesn't seem to have the dark gray areas like in the screenshot from our user guide, so I'm afraid I don't quite understand what sort of problem you're experiencing. Can you please give us some more details about what isn't working correctly? What are you trying to do in 1Password, what are the exact steps you're taking to do it, and what happens instead? If you get any error messages, what do they say? Is the problem shown in your screenshot? If so, what exact part of the screenshot?

Hopefully this will help us to understand what isn't working correctly for you. Thanks in advance!

• verytired
    verytired
    Community Member

For instance, user name, password, strength and web site are all greyed out - hardly readable but they are readable on my iPhone and on my iPad. This seems so evident to me. Is there a chance you see one image and I see another? I can't imagine 1password was ever meant to so greyed out in these areas. I can seem to enter data but certainly doesn't seem to be what it should be.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015

Hi @verytired,

Are you referring to the color of the text of the field labels? That text is just grey by design. The left sidebar with All Items, Favorites, Categories, etc, is grey with black text. This is the color scheme of 1Password 5. Does your 1Password match the color scheme in the screenshot here?

If you are still able to enter data and use 1Password without any problems, then that's just the way 1Password looks. If you are having trouble reading the words because they are grey, perhaps you can adjust the contrast on your MacBook display to make the text appear darker. Does that help?

• verytired
    verytired
    Community Member

Thanks; Guess I will have to live with it. It does take extra effort for me to read the greyed out areas. Maybe could be considered in an upgrade. WJM

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @verytired,

I'm glad we were able to get down to the bottom of this issue, eventually - I'm sorry it took us a while to understand your question. We'll be sure to pass your feedback along to our development team.

ref: OPM-1459

This discussion has been closed.