1P Wrong Input Field/ID

Hi-

I'm a web developer, as well as an active user of 1P on my iPhone/Mac/Chrome. One thing I noticed on a site I'm building is that when I use this input code: "<input type="text" name="first_name" id="first_name" placeholder="First Name" value="">" it is auto filled by 1Password as my email. So it's annoying because if I autofill it changes my name that I input to the username I have saved in 1Pass.

Is there any good rules or things to follow to make sure 1P auto fills the correct fields on the site? Also, is there a way to stop 1P from auto filling hidden input fields?

Thanks!

-Zach

Comments

• Hi @bluetidepro,

Thank you for reaching out to us - I would be happy to help make sure 1Password fills properly on your new site! :) That indeed sounds like a pretty frustrating behaviour. Lets figure out what is going on.

First off, I have a few questions:

• Which version of 1Password are you running?
    • Which version of the 1Password extension are you using?
    • Are you trying to fill a login item or identity when experiencing this behaviour?
    • Would you mind pasting the whole form that you have on the page?

Our filling algorithms are dependant on all the fields on the page, and the behaviour for a single field can change depending on what else is there. For example, if there are just first_name and password fields, then it would make logical sense to fill the username saved in 1Password into the first_name field. However, if there are username, first_name and password fields, then 1Password should not be filling the username into the first_name field.

We do indeed have some tips for developers to ensure your website is compatible with 1Password! You can find them here

Regarding hidden fields, 1Password should not be filling them at all. Are you seeing hidden fields being filled? If so, my questions above should help us see why that might be.

We'll continue from there :)

• bluetidepro
    bluetidepro
    Community Member

I think I got it all working. I think it was because like you mentioned, it only saw first_name, not the username one. Thanks @Meek

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of @Meek I'm glad to hear 1Password has improved in its interactions with your site. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask :smile:

This discussion has been closed.