I lost all my data after upgrading both Mac and iPhone

jaisonn
jaisonn
Community Member

Hello, there!

I was a user of 1Password for a few years. I was on version 3 (I guess - old logo and layout) on iPhone, same for OS X. I backed up all my data into the iCloud on iOS. I sold my iPhone 5 and when I was setting up the iPhone 6, I don't have access anymore to 1Password old version and the new one can't read my data. Same for the Mac.

The only access that I have to try to restore the data is the iCloud e-mail and password. I Guess the data are there.
How can I be sure?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jaisonn: I'm sorry that you're having difficulty retrieving your 1Password data! I am not sure what you mean when you say you had it backed up in iCloud, since 1Password 3 did not have iCloud support.

I think the best place to start is your Mac. 1Password 3 used the same AgileKeychain format that 1Password 5 still supports, so if you have your 1Password.agilekychain vault on your Mac, you can double-click it to open it in 1Password. And once 1Password for Mac knows where you vault is you may be able to sync it to your iPhone as well.

But that's where we might run into trouble. You mentioned running 1Password on your new iPhone 6, so it sounds like you'll have 1Password 5 there. But you will also need to have 1Password 4 or 5 on the Mac at the very least to be able to sync data between the two (Dropbox or Wi-Fi Sync will work; iCloud Sync is only available to sync to 1Password 5 on iOS 8 if you are using 1Password 5 from the Mac App Store on Yosemite).

Please let me know what you find. We will get this sorted out for you. :)

• jaisonn
    jaisonn
    Community Member

Didn't work. I guess I lost all my items. Let's forget about the Mac. It's a brand new one, I didn't migrate data.

Isn't possible to have 1Password 3 (or 4 - I'm not sure) on the iPhone 6?

To be clear, I had this app installed on my iPhone 5 and after backing up to the iCloud and restore on the new phone, it came on the version 5 without any data.

• Isn't possible to have 1Password 3 (or 4 - I'm not sure) on the iPhone 6?

It is, yes, but unfortunately iCloud does not store 1Password 3 data, so unless you had explicitly made a backup of your 1Password data simply restoring from iCloud wouldn't do it.

This discussion has been closed.