purchased 1P but tablet and phone are running trial versions

Options
jfr219
jfr219
Community Member

My phone and tablet both indicate I'm running a trial version on each instead of the version I purchased. I am unable to find out how to sync these two devices to the paid version. I'm also not sure I have synced 1P to the Dropbox(s) on each device. I still think I've missed a step somewhere along the line here. (I'm also still recommending a 1P for dummies edition. Some of us most obviously need it badly.)
I"ve opened Dropbox and it sees the agilebits password settings but then says "please download an app that can open this file (.ws.agile.1Passrod.settings) so that's where I am at a loss. I have downloaded 1P (trial version) and now we're back to the top. starting over whole discussion. HELP

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hey @jfr219. I'll be happy to help get all this sorted out. :)

First things first, to unlock your premium features, you'll need to make sure your Android is linked to the Google account that was used to purchase the premium features. Go ahead and open the play store. Is the active account there the one you completed the in-app purchase with?

With regards to your Dropbox problem, I'd like you to make sure your data is intact in Dropbox using 1PasswordAnywhere. To do so, log into https://www.dropbox.com in a web browser. Locate the 1Password.agilekeychain folder and open the 1Password.html file you find inside. After logging in with your master password, do you see all of your data in Dropbox?

I'll look forward to your response! Thanks!

• jfr219
    jfr219
    Community Member
    Options

thanks for reply. First problem is that I purchased directly from Agilebits via credit card and not thru google account. so "In-app purchase" doesn't apply or make sense to me.
    When I go to www.dropbox. all i see is agilbits.1password.settings which is only a text file and doesn't open or do anything. that is not the keychain I think; but don't know how to "locate the 1p...keychain folder and open....." you say to locate but I don't know where to locate it from/at/to/with or see anything similar in the dropbox that does open... in this box that opens it says share or open. but won't open with any program i can see as option

• peri
    edited April 2015
    Options

Thanks for the update @jfr219. :)

First off, 1Password 4 for Android's premium features are only available through the in-app purchase handled through Google Play. The license is handled through Google, and linked to your Google account. The license is actually not available for purchase through our website. It sounds like you purchased a 1Password license for another platform through our webstore, which explains the confusion, since it's licensed per platform. I apologize for any inconvenience there.

That said, the file you're seeing in Dropbox (.ws.agile.1password.settings) is a simple text document. When you sync your vault (.agilekeychain) to Dropbox, that file stays in the root of Dropbox. All it has inside is one line of text, which is the path to your .agilekeychain. This is so 1Password can locate any vaults in Dropbox easily.

The vault itself is not that file. It is a folder, and it will most likely be called 1Password.agilekeychain. Inside are a bunch of files, including all of your encrypted passwords, the encryption key, the 1Password.html file (needed for 1PasswordAnywhere), etc.

To see if your data is syncing to Dropbox, open https://www.dropbox.com in a browser. From there, locate a folder called either Apps, 1Password, or 1Password.agilekeychain. Your goal is to locate the 1Password.html file inside of the 1Password.agilekeychain folder, so please locate that folder in Dropbox. When you find 1Password.html, you can click on it. This will open up the 1Password UI in a browser window. You can log in and view your data to see if it looks like it's all syncing to Dropbox.

However, so that I can get an idea of where your data is syncing on both devices, I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports from each of your Android devices:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#and4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• jfr219
    jfr219
    Community Member
    Options

I"m working on the diagnostic report(s) but need to advise I am working from two desktops as well as a Samsung GT-P6210 tablet android 4.0.4 and Samsung Phone SM-G396T android 4.4.2 so it will take a bit to synchronize all these. Second, I can't find the HTML file except in secondary (HP) computer and it's associated with Binkiland so need to get rid of that too. I had a most difficult time downloading Dropbox without binkiland invading. so i'm working on all this and will revert with diagnostic files as soon as I figure all this out. thank you in advance for your help.

• jfr219
    jfr219
    Community Member
    Options

May I clarify my (new) understanding of the total process before trying to unwind all my mistakes so far. I did purchase 1P for Windows and installed it on a Dell (Windows 7) desktop. After that, I then installed Dropbox on my Dell to sync to 1P. [I'm not sure this was successful, see below]. Next install Dropbox on HP (secondary desktop with NO email available BTW only internet connection). So any link to 1P from secondary computer HP from here on is via Dropbox (NOT via any temp install of 1P, which is what I did). After that is achieved, install Dropbox on Tablet and sync Dropbox to primary 1P located on Primary computer/DELL. Then repeat Dropbox install with phone. Thereby eliminating the temporary installs of 1P on tablet and phone.

I think I need to uninstall everything everywhere except on my Dell where i have 57 entries input so far (so a wee bit of work to preserve in my humble). I tried to open the HTML file on my Dell and there is some "problem loading a file....... data/default/encriptionKeys.js" already so I haven't even gotten off to a good start with original install/purchase, let alone 3 devices later. I can and shall send a diagnostics report from my Dell per your previous suggestion. I would think I need to be sure I start correctly, and go from there. I don't even know how I could send you links from each device. Go write that Dummies Book - Please!!!
    Thanks again.

• jfr219
    jfr219
    Community Member
    Options

I have sent a diagnostic report today entitled "diagnostic report from jfr219"

• peri
    Options

Hey @jfr219. Thanks for the update! Unfortunately, I'm unable to locate the Diagnostics Reports. Could you please try sending them from each device again to support+android@agilebits.com?

I'll keep my eye out! Thanks!

• peri
    edited April 2015
    Options

Hi again! I just found the report you sent from your Dell! It looks like you are indeed syncing correctly there. Regarding the missing encryptionKeys.js message, please open 1Password 4 for Windows and choose File > Repair 1Password Vault...

When you do this a dialogue box will pop up either notifying you that files were repaired, or that no errors were found. Please let me know what you find out!

Also, if you could send the reports from your Android devices, that would be rad! That way, I'll be able to determine if they're syncing as they should be, or what errors there might be.

• jfr219
    jfr219
    Community Member
    Options

i did send today a screenshot from my phone related to the problem loading 1P data file. but I can't find in the phone program anywhere to run any diagnostic test at all.
    i ran the repair 1P password vault on Dell (primary) computer and reply said no problems, so we're not getting anywhere with that either.
    appreciate you

• peri
    Options

Hey again. :)

I did find the Windows report, but I haven't seen an email with the screenshot. I'll see if I can find it.

With regards to emailing a Diagnostics Report from your Android devices, please open up 1Password on each one and click Settings > Advanced > Email Diagnostics. That should do the trick!

This discussion has been closed.