birds of North America Online ID not grabbed

When setting up an account on birds of North America Online: http://bna.birds.cornell.edu/bna
1P picks u the email address instead of the user ID.

Comments

• Hi, waldhaus1.

The easiest thing to do is either 1) edit the item and make the sure the correct field is checkmarked with Username (under All Fields) or 2) just enter your information into the standard login form and save a new login to replace the other one.

I hope that helps.
  • waldhaus1
    waldhaus1
    Community Member
    RobYoder wrote:

Hi, waldhaus1.

The easiest thing to do is either 1) edit the item and make the sure the correct field is checkmarked with Username (under All Fields) or 2) just enter your information into the standard login form and save a new login to replace the other one.

I hope that helps.

This is informational for agile so they can deal with it in the future.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hi waldhaus1,

I was not able to duplicate the issue you describe. As I mentioned in the other thread of yours to which I just replied, please try saving the login manually like this:

1. Enter your username and password, but DO NOT submit the form.
    2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and choose Save Login.
    3. Set the Action field to Create New Login (or to Replace <login-name>, to update an existing Login item).
    4. Click the Save button.

Using the above technique I was able to save and fill a sample login in Safari at:

http://bna.birds.cornell.edu/bna/login

Manually saving a login can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Doing this allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. :-)

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.