Yosemite and Ios 8.1

Options
bcuilla
bcuilla
Community Member

I have been running 1Password 4 on 3 Mavericks machines syncing with Dropbox I had installed 1Password for IOS in iOS 7, but never got it to sync...That was then. I upgraded to 1Password 5 and Yosemite and the syncing works fine..I upgraded to iOS 8 on my iphone5 but I cannot even open 1PW's vault that I apparently created in iOS 7. I deleted 1PW on phone, reinstalled and have same issue, 1PW on iOS 8.1 doesn't appear to say it is !PW5. What am I missing

Thanks love the changes to 1PW 5 on OS X

Bob Cuilla

Comments

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry @bcuilla that you are having problems with 1Password 5 on iOS.

To clarify: What happens when you open 1Password on your device? Do you get an error message or does it just crash? Also when you reinstalled 1Password from the iOS App Store what version number was displayed there?

Thanks!

• bcuilla
    bcuilla
    Community Member
    Options

does not crash. no error code..i get the IPW login screen. I do not recall the pW..i cent find the version number. App store doesn't display it. That all I have. I have delete the download and reinstalled, same issue
    Thanks

Bob

• Jasper
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @bcuilla,

It's possible that 1Password for iOS is accessing data stored in iCloud by default. Could you please try this:

• Launch the Settings app.
    • Go to iCloud.
    • Tap on Storage, then Manage Storage.

Do you see any 1Password (or "onepassword") items in the list? If so:

• Please ensure all of your data is present in 1Password for Mac (or in Dropbox) before deleting this data from iCloud.
    • Tap the 1Password item in the list.
    • Tap on Edit in the upper right corner.
    • Tap on Delete All, then tap on Delete All again to confirm the deletion of your 1Password data from iCloud.

If you had to delete some data from iCloud, please uninstall 1Password for iOS, then re-install it, and let me know if that helped.

• bcuilla
    bcuilla
    Community Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

IOS and OSX revisited.
    Last Oct I started a thread about IOS and OSX. I have been busy with other things and dropped the issues, but now I am ready to get this solved. I have the latest version of IOS and OS X as of 4/5/15. I believe I purchased the OS X version directly and the IOS version on App Store. I have 3 OS X machines and they all sync correctly using DropBox. I cannot see by Dropbox Agilebits vault data from IOS. Nor cannot I see my iCloud account from IOS or OS X. So I am in a fix. Can you look me up and see if you can find my purchase of the OS X version from you? I have read in other forums that I can't mix OSs if 1PW IOS and OS X are purchased from different sources. Is this correct? What am I missing? Do I need to buy some other copies or licenses and if so what. My final goal is 3 OS X machines and 3 IOS devices. Thanks so much, This is an app I can't imagine going without. So many COOL features. Great work!!

Bob Cuilla

• Ben
    Options

Hi Bob ( @bcuilla )

Since this is a public forum I've removed some of your personal details from your post.

I was not able to find any purchases by you in our online store. Are you certain you purchased there, and not the Mac App Store (check Purchase tab in App Store app on Mac)? If you have not purchased from the Mac App Store you would not be able to sync using iCloud, as iCloud is limited by Apple to apps that they sell.

In any event, you should be able to sync your devices just fine using Dropbox, assuming they are all logged into the same Dropbox account and the Dropbox app is running. Can you please verify that?

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.