Scan in membership cards

Options
CSJohnson
CSJohnson
Community Member

There are other apps that sort of do this, but if 1Password did it it would be fabulous. Would like it if 1Password could take a card - CC or Membership or any other and take a picture and scan the pertain information for the entry into 1Password.

I've seen a couple of other apps try this, but they fail because they aren't secure.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cj@christopherjohnson.org‌

I've added your voice to an existing request we have. I can't say whether such a feature will end up in 1Password or not but I like the idea. We also have a request regarding barcodes so we'll see what happens :smile:

• Danny Beger
    Danny Beger
    Community Member
    Options

Please add my vote to incorporate something like the Stocard app

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback!

• valeriocirioni
    valeriocirioni
    Community Member
    Options

Please, add my vote too. Thank you.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks!

• jondriscoll
    jondriscoll
    Community Member
    Options

Plus 1. Image of photo of card front and back, and being able to select what to display - the "barcode / qr code" - easily without having to open an attachment all the time - then use image of card on screen for scanning in store etc. Would save carrying around all those pesky cards!

• Ben
    Options
  • MBAPete
    MBAPete
    Community Member
    Options

Plus 1 from me for this too ... I also like jondriscoll's idea. This would also be hugely helpful with the Passport and Driver's License categories too.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @MBAPete‌

• RavenFan
    RavenFan
    Community Member
    Options

I'm new here and really think this app will save me a lot of time - I would like to echo all the vote requests above. I actually thought this app did that already so please strongly consider this type of function soon.

• This is a great idea, and I'll add your vote, @RavenFan

ref: OPI-2284

• tmvaughn
    tmvaughn
    Community Member
    Options

This is exactly what I would like to have. Had my wallet stolen on a trip and this would have been great.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback!

• mojozart
    mojozart
    Community Member
    Options

Great idea. I was wondering why Google Wallet supported this input method but 1password did not. Particularly handy for mobile users, where the camera is easier to use than the keyboard.

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member
    Options

Add my voice to the choir. This and being able to add attachments via iOS (which may be the same issue) would be perfect.

• Thanks for the vote. We'll add your vote to our requests.

This discussion has been closed.