Typing in search field is deleted automatically

Megan
Megan
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Search and keyboard.

Comments

• failgunner
    failgunner
    Community Member

@MrRooni I just got a new iPhone 6 and installed 503021 on it and the typing bug is here. Im using an English (UK) keyboard but it happens everytime. I need to slow down and type 1 letter per second or so for it to work properly.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @failgunner,

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're seeing here. There are two bugs described at the top of this post:

• Mis-typing and deleting the first character in a search causes the keyboard to disappear (which has been fixed in the latest betas - I can no longer reproduce here.)
    • Slow search performance (which is a known issue that our developers are still working to solve)

ref: OPI-454

Could you provide a bit more detail on what you are seeing? If we've missed something and the keyboard is still disappearing on you, we'd be happy to investigate further.

• failgunner
    failgunner
    Community Member

@megan what I see is say I want to search for Amazon. I start typing A M A Z, then a few letters just get deleted on their own and I have to retype. This happens unless I type really slowly. On iPhone 6. I just reproduced it.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @failgunner ,

I've split your report into a separate thread, as it sounds different than what was being previously discussed.

Could you please confirm which version of the beta you have installed? I'm unable to reproduce with 5.3 (503023).

• jmreekes
    jmreekes
    Community Member

@Megan I'm seeing the same thing as @failgunner on beta 503025 and I'm on an iPhone 5 running iOS 8.2. If I open the app and go to the search field and start typing at a normal rate, after a second or so everything but the first letter is automatically deleted. If I go to the search field and type a slow pace (type a letter, wait, type a letter, wait, etc), nothing is deleted. The deletion only happens at a regular typing speed

• failgunner
    failgunner
    Community Member

@Megan just made it happen again by typing Facebook fast and a second later everything but F disappeared. Im on 503025 on iOS 8.2 on an iPhone 6.

• Hi @failgunner, @jmreekes, others:

Yes, this is a confirmed bug that we're working on. The temporary workaround is to wait for the search list to update before typing the next character. (i.e. typing a little more slowly)

Thanks for reporting it.

ref: OPI-2547

• failgunner
    failgunner
    Community Member

@hayesk awesome. yea ive been doing that.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @failgunner ,

Thanks for your understanding, we'll do what we can to have this resolved soon. :)

This discussion has been closed.