Safari Version 8.0.4 (10600.4.10.7) / 1 Password Mac 5.1.0027 (App Store)

Yogie
Yogie
Community Member

Hi,

as I'm using the German Version of 1 Password I might not matching the correct vocabulary or how the items I refer are called at the English version of the app. But I have set up several sites / passwords to not use the send button after filling in the user name and password. With the latest Update to Safari 1 Password is sending the web form regardless of the setting. Please fix this as for certain sites I need to give a one time password as well, so the "do not send" option is essential.

Many thanks!
Yogie

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Yogie,

So just to confirm.

You have the submit/Senden option changed from the default of Submit when enabled/Absenden wenn aktiviert to Never submit/Nie absenden but in Safari 8.0.4 it is submitting anyway.

Now you've supplied the version of 1Password that you're running but could you please confirm the version of the 1Password extension you're running as well. We recently released v4.3 of the 1Password Browser Extension so I'm just wanting to confirm whether you are running that or the previous version, 4.2.5.

I haven't noticed this myself and I often have a lot of Login items set to Never submit for testing reasons. Does it seem to be these few or is it all Login items? As in, if you were to change one where you currently do submit after filling, does it too ignore the change?

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.

• Yogie
    Yogie
    Community Member
    edited March 2015

1Password mini is in Version 4.3.0.
    Yes I have set the specific login item to "Never Submit" but 1Password mini is submitting the form anytime.
    I just disabled the submit function for the entire 1Password mini, but even with the generic do not submit disabled 1Password mini is sending the form...

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Yogie,

That's very strange, I'm not sure how auto-submit would continue to work if you've disabled it completely. Can you please check a couple settings:

• Open the main 1Password app on your Mac.
    • Go to the menu for 1Password > Preferences.
    • Select the Browser tab.
    • Is the setting for Automatically submit logins after filling checked or un-checked?

Also:

• Open Safari and click the 1Password extension icon in the browser toolbar.
    • Click the 'gear' icon to the right of the Search field.
    • Is the setting for Submit Logins checked or un-checked?

That setting should be the same in both places (changing it from one should make the same change in the other). Can you confirm it is disabled in both?

Also, how do you normally have 1Password fill your login forms: by double-clicking a Login item in the main 1Password app, or by selecting the Login item from the 1Password extension in your web browser (or using the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut)?

Thanks!

• Yogie
    Yogie
    Community Member
    edited March 2015

Hi,

both locations are un-checked.

And as said before, the item for the website is also set to not to submit.

Everything was working fine till 18th of March when Safari got updated.

I'm using the 1Password mini extension as follows ... browsing to my login screen, then click the 1Password mini app, chose the appropriate entry from the list of possible logins with a single click. 1Password mini fills in the details and sends out a return.

Cheers
    Yogie

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Yogie,

Thanks for confirming! In looking back over your messages, I'm wondering if 1Password is auto-submitting all of your Login items even when it's turned off in the 1Password preferences? Or is it still doing that for only a few specific Login items? While the auto-submit setting is still disabled for 1Password, please try using a Login item that should normally auto-submit. What happens?

If all of your Login items are still auto-submitting when that preference is turned off, it sounds like a problem with 1Password in general. But if only certain Login items are still auto-submitting when they shouldn't be, would you be able to let us know the URLs for a couple of those sites? If so, we can try testing them to see if we're able to reproduce the issue.

• Yogie
    Yogie
    Community Member
    edited March 2015

Hi @Drew_AG,

I've send the login screen to you via PM. You are right, now that I have turned off the auto-submit in general 1Password is not sending out the submit any longer to all sites. But still keeps adding a submit to the site where I have had recognized my issue. I bet when you try it from your site, there is no submit added..., but why is it for me?

Any idea why?

Cheers
    Yogie

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Yogie,

I received your PM, thanks for sending me the URL! I wasn't able to reproduce the problem, so I'm not sure why that's happening for you. To help us figure out what's going on, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report on your Mac: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox. A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Yogie
    Yogie
    Community Member

Done ... Report has been send out.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Yogie,

Thanks for sending the report! I took a quick look in our system, but I didn't find a new email from the address from your forum account. Did you receive a response from the BitBot assistant? If so, please let us know the ticket ID from that email so we can track your report down and make sure it gets answered quickly. Thanks!

• Yogie
    Yogie
    Community Member
    edited March 2015

@Drew_AG
    I got this case [#IVA-19811-359]

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @Yogie!

I see that someone replied to your email earlier today. I updated the email thread with details from this forum discussion in case it helps our support team get up to speed with the issue. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. Hopefully we'll have this figured out soon!

• Yogie
    Yogie
    Community Member

Seems to be fixed with the newest version!

• That's great to hear, @Yogie. Thanks for letting us know.

This discussion has been closed.