USAA Web Site quit working

Options
HASBamaBob
HASBamaBob
Community Member

1Password is no longer working for this website:
https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_logon/Logon

Also after the login it goes to a PIN page - that no longer works either.
When you use 1Password, it appears to work - the username is entered correctly but the password is not.
I have deleted the login and re-created all to no avail.
Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Odd - I just used the link you gave and used CMD+\ to enter my credentials. The filled correctly and automatically submitted them, then took me to the PIN page. I have a separate login record for that page, and again, CMD+\ submitted it correctly and took me to my account.

When you recreated your login item, did you create the login manually? Sometimes that helps. Directions are: Saving a Login manually. That often works when a site stops working. As I said, I have two separate logins, one for the main page and the second for the PIN. Directions for making multiple page logins are: Creating a multi-age Login.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @HASBamaBob,

It looks like @hawkmoth has given you some great suggestions. Please let us know if that helps, and if you're still having trouble, we'll take it from there. Thanks!

• macdevin
    macdevin
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having an issue.. Based on my testing it's not wanting to past the full password. If I manually copy and past the password it works.
    For now I went ahead and made the password length shorter to by pass this issue.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @macdevin ,

Sometimes, a website will have an invisible cap on what can be typed in the password field. If you type in a password that is longer than the acceptable length, you may notice that the final characters that you type are not being logged. Of course, if you are using our strong password generator to generate "super-secure-long-password", you wouldn’t notice that the website is silently ignoring the last few characters, and saving "super-secure-long-pa” instead. When you copy and paste the password in, it works in such a way that the website sees the "super-secure-long-pa” part and can still ignore the excess. Filling with 1Password works a little bit differently though, so you might get an incorrect password warning.

If a shorter password is working for you, then I suspect this might be the case with this website. The best solution here is to determine if there are any hidden password restrictions for the site and create a fresh password that fits within those restrictions.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns! :)

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

@Megan's suggestion definitely applies to the USAA web site. I've now forgotten what the undisclosed maximum password length is, but there is one and exceeding it creates the problem @macdevin has described. My own password has 12 characters, which was probably the maximum allowed when I was working out this issue.

I complained to USAA about this, but nothing has changed.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hawkmoth, thanks for confirming that applies to the USAA site! It certainly sounds like that's the problem.

@macdevin, I hope the information from Megan and hawkmoth was helpful to explain the issue you described. If you need more help with that, please let us know! :)

• macdevin
    macdevin
    Community Member
    Options

Meagan info helped me confirm why copy and past works with their site.. I've contacted USAA to find out why they allow you to create a password greater then 12 characters but not allow you type in anything greater then 12 Characters.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know, @macdevin! If you need anything else, we're always happy to help.

This discussion has been closed.