Syncing 1Password for Mac and IOS

DadzBoyz
DadzBoyz
Community Member

I've read. I've researched. I'm lost.
I bought 1Password for my iPhone, iPad, and MacBook. It's installed on my phone. I have not tried to sync it with my iPad yet. My frustration now is connecting IOS and Mac.
On IOS I have selected Sync Service: iCloud.
On my Mac, I go to Preferences and Sync and see Vaults, and I choose my iCloud folder but nothing has synced.
How do you setup iCloud Sync on IOS and Mac versions of 1Password?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

I think the first thing to refer to is the AgileBits iCloud FAQ. You just need to check you've surmounted all the hurdles mentioned in it.

If you're happy with that then take a look at these knowledge base articles:

1P for Mac: syncing with iCloud

1P for iOS: syncing with iCloud

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @Stephen_C! :)

@DadzBoyz, I hope Stephen's information was helpful for you! If iCloud sync doesn't work out, you can also use Dropbox or Wi-Fi sync. You can find more information about your sync options here: Syncing your 1Password data

If you need more help to set up sync, please let us know - we're here for you!

• DadzBoyz
    DadzBoyz
    Community Member

Ive since read that syncing via iCloud requires the Mac version from the Mac App Store. Having already paid for the IOS and Mac versions, must I buy yet again? I understand that Dropbox is an option, but, in my industry (Finance) our compliance departments are not Dropbox fans as they are not as secure as Box.com and Box.com is not supported by 1Password. That said, using a Mac, an iPhone, and an iPad, iCloud is there, installed, and ready to go by default and I would prefer to use that. Having to buy software again and again does not seem a reasonable solution. So I hope that there is a solution for loyal customer that have already paid once.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@DadzBoyz I've just answered your question in the separate thread you started. Please try to avoid posting the same question in multiple threads because it makes support more difficult and also makes it more difficult for you to find the answer to your question.

Stephen

• DoggyDan
    DoggyDan
    Community Member

Please help me. I have left a very simple question today from Doggy Dan about syncing an iphone 6 and which one is the master vault (ie which one will it sync to the imac or the iphone? ... Its a yes or no answer but I've had no answers...! 18 views ! Please help. I have also set up a drop box and tried to sync and no luck. It says sync but it hasn't so all very confussing... Doggy Dan :) Still trying...
    Been at it for 5 hours...

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DoggyDan,

I see Rick has replied to your other thread so it's best if we continue the conversation in one place. If you have any questions regarding his post please ask there and one of us will do our best to answer :smile:

• DoggyDan
    DoggyDan
    Community Member

All good....Many thanks

• Excellent!

This discussion has been closed.