Website login saves wrong password

When logging into the site www.fmca.com, the password saved by 1Password is wrong. Instead of saving the password entered, it saves the string "FMCA". Once I save the correct password, is is filled properly. Tried saving it as a new login and it stored the same password.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015

Hi @glenthompson,

I've moved your thread from the Mac forum as we've recently created a section specifically for filling issues.

Now I tried creating a Login item using our How to manually save a Login guide and everything seemed to work, well as far as I could test given I don't have a real account.

As 1Password 5.3 for Mac was released yesterday, which includes a brand new filling logic. my findings may differ from yours depending on the versions involved. Here's what I used for my test

• 1Password 5.3 for Mac
    • Safari 8.0.4 with 1Password Safari Extension 4.3.1

With that setup, the Login item 1Password saved correctly recorded and identified my username and password and when I filled them back into a freshly loaded copy of the page it seemed to fill. Now there is at least one other hidden password field which the text FMCA already in it which my Login found but didn't use.

If you're running 5.1 for Mac we would recommend trying 5.3 out and seeing if you like the improvements. If any of this doesn't match up though we'd love to know more about your system in terms of version numbers, like I displayed above for my own system.

Fingers crossed though that saving a new Login in 5.3 will work for you but if it doesn't please do let us know.

• glenthompson
    glenthompson
    Community Member

I just got the notice today that version 5.3 was available on the App Store. Installed it and ran the test again and it looks like the problem is fixed. The older version must have been picking up on that other field. Thanks for the help.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @glenthompson,

On behalf of @littlebobbytables, you're welcome! We're glad to hear 5.3 is working well for you. Hopefully you won't run into any other problems, but of course if you do, we'll be here to help. :)

• Oh this is great news! Thank you for the update @glenthompson. I'm glad to hear our labour of love on 5.3 was helpful :)

This discussion has been closed.