Sites No Longer Fill In Please Fix!

This app has become useless to me without the fill ins. Please can we get this back? Its also not working in Safari.
The following sites no longer fill in .

www.talktome.com
www.myphonesite.com

Happy Friday

Comments

• Thanks for taking the time to report these issues, @missofthevalley.

I tested talktome.com using Chrome on Mac, 1Browser on iOS, and using the 1Password extension in Safari on iOS. All three of these filled correctly for me. I created the Login for this site within 1Password itself (in other words I did not create it from within the browser). I wonder if you created your login from within the browser and that's why we're seeing different results? Can you try creating one directly within the 1Password app and see if it works for you?

As for myphonesite.com, my results were more mixed. This site worked fine within Chrome on Mac, but it failed on iOS within Safari and within 1Browser. I'm investigating this now to see what is happening as it appears to be a site that we should be able to support. Depending on the results of my investigation, we'll try to get this fixed up in a future update.

Please try creating that new login for talktome.com and let us know how it turns out for you. Also, it would be awesome if you could share which version of 1Password you're using and which platform.

Thanks!

• Ah, I see what is happening on myphonesite now. They have two login forms: one in the top right and one on the lower left side. When I filled using the Safari extension the form on the lower left side got filled. Since the form in the top right didn't change, I had assumed nothing had filled.

Filling in 1Browser failed for me in version 5.3 of 1Password for iOS as neither of the forms filled. This is a known issue and has been fixed in 5.4; we're just waiting for Apple to approve the update.

So that is one mystery solved! I look forward to hearing back from you about creating a new talktome Login so we can solve the second mystery :)

Cheers!

• missofthevalley
    missofthevalley
    Community Member

Sadly they both no longer work for me I'm using an iPhone and iPad. May I please get a refund on this app as its now become completely useless to me.

• missofthevalley
    missofthevalley
    Community Member

Or can you tell me how I can get the old version this new version is a disaster.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @missofthevalley,

As we have to sell the iOS version of 1Password for iOS through Apple's iTunes, all refunds have to be through Apple. Depending on when you purchased you may find they won't offer a refund as I believe they have a very strict policy there. You would be best contacting Apple though for the most accurate information there. As for downgrading to an older version, it would depend on whether or not you still have a copy of the 1Password 5.2.1.ipa which you might only have if you sync your iOS devices to a copy of iTunes. If you do everything from your iOS devices, backing up, downloading up updates etc. there isn't a way to regain access to a previous version. Apple only make accessible certain versions of any app and only for reasons of compatibility with various versions of iOS.

Now we'd still like to work with you regarding these sites. Let's start with www.talktome.com

After you load the site you click on the Login button which brings up a pop-up login window. Now here my findings seem to diverge from Dave's - I don't know why just yet. For me, creating what I call a basic Login item (one created from in the 1Password app) didn't work but when I created a new Login using our iOS Extension in 1Password 5.3 it correctly saves and fills.

The process I used to manually save a new Login item from within iOS Safari is detailed in this post. I used Facebook as an example simply because it's the first that popped into my head. The gist of it is though is I filled in a dummy username and password in the pop-up login window on www.talktome.com and used those steps to create a new Login item. When I reloaded the site (to force a clean login window) I could successfully fill in using that Login item I had just created.

If it doesn't we'd love to know where it breaks down for you. Does something differently happen while you're trying to save a new Login item or are you finding it simply doesn't fill like it seems to for me (with dummy data) or if it fills but you cannot log in afterwards.

To possibly help with a comparison, I'm showing the web form details, as best I can anyway, as you would see on your iPad.

I like to try and concentrate on a single site at a time so once we've worked through the process with www.talktome.com we can look at www.myphonesite.com

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @missofthevalley,

I just wanted to add that I've deleted the other post you made querying a refund. Now please don't take it as an attempt to censor you, it was merely because you asked the same question in this thread and I wanted to avoid duplicating effort or contradictory advice being given in two locations.

I've attempted to answer your query at the top of my previous post, if you have any follow up questions regarding that please do ask.

• missofthevalley
    missofthevalley
    Community Member

Sorry but thats RUDE and it IS CENSORSHIP obviously with the numerous pissed off customers since your last update you don't want me to start whats obvious many many many people asking for a refund... I can't get my sites to work plain and simple I just want what I paid foe that was working to work.. I didn't pay to be a Beta tester for your failed update I paid for what worked. I CANT GET IT TO WORK PERIOD....

• missofthevalley
    missofthevalley
    Community Member

Your way doesn't work and the other way does NOT WORK it worked before and I want it back to how it was before. Thats what I paid for thank you.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @missofthevalley,

As I said in an earlier post, Apple don't readily make older versions accessible. With 1Password for iOS they offer access to the current version, v5.3 and they also keep v4.5.3 available but only to those still running iOS 7 as all versions of 1Password 5 for iOS required iOS 8. Now if you routinely sync your iOS devices to a computer running iTunes it is possible the 1Password 5.2.1.ipa is still accessible. If it is then you could return to using it but it would mean deactivating automatic updates in both iTunes and your iOS device. We have no control over this aspect of iTunes. We supply a new version to Apple, they work through their review process but once we've passed it to Apple we relinquish all control.

For similar reasons if you want to request a refund for an iOS or MAS purchase it does have to be through Apple, the seller. Although you have purchased 1Password, our product, Apple do not pass on any details regarding the customer and we have no control over any part of the purchase process which includes refunds. We cannot initiate a refund on your behalf even if you were to supply your Apple ID (which of course we ask you not to do as this is a public forum). You are free to request a refund from Apple and this link may be of use, How-to: Request an iTunes purchase refund if you have a legitimate reason.

We are of course still willing to work with you in resolving the filling issue if we can but it sounds like we will need more information from you.

When I performed my testing of www.talktome.com I did so on an iPad mini 2 running iOS 8.2 and 1Password 5.3 for iOS and everything I did was from within iOS Safari and not 1Browser. When I followed the steps in this post I could create a Login item that filled when I returned to the site. Now as I was using dummy data I can't test to see if there is an issue with submitting the filled in data. To help us help you it would be great to understand.

1. How your devices compare to the one I described above, are you running the same versions?
    2. At what point did my suggestion not work, could you create a new Login item that correctly recorded your username and password or was the issue after, with just the filling?

Once we can replicate what you're experiencing we'll be in a better position to understand and help. At the moment it seems (please not the emphasis) that 1Password works with at least www.talktome.com so we need to work out why it differs for you.

If you do not wish to troubleshoot any more and you only wish a refund that is your decision to make. The information at the top of this post should point you in the right direction. If you would like to troubleshoot further though we will work with you in trying to understand why you are seeing a different behaviour from us. Please note sometimes the devil is very much in the details, so the more descriptive you are the more we may learn.

• missofthevalley
    missofthevalley
    Community Member

What I'm experiencing is nothing... its not doing anything... it no longer goes to the correct log in page anymore and I can't get it to land there.

• missofthevalley
    missofthevalley
    Community Member

The correct place it should be logging in is www.talktome.com/members
    When I click the link in 1P it takes me to m.talktome.com/#!
    I then have to go to the upper right hand and click "View Full Site"
    When I do that it now takes me to "Create your free account" which is not where you log in....
    Then I have to go to the upper left and click Login - and THEN hand type everything in where it uses to auto fill in and log in itself.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @missofthevalley,

I can reproduce those steps if I use an iPhone as the site then redirects to the mobile version of their landing page. When troubleshooting this site on my iPad (as I stated in a previous post) I'm never redirected and stay on the full site. This particular behaviour is to be expected for any site that has a mobile version and desktop version.

You can avoid those steps in one of two ways.

1. In 1Password's settings, so Settings > 1Browser > User Agent, if you set the User Agent to Safari (iPad) for example or Safari (Mac) then the site will not know you're on an iPhone and so not redirect you to the mobile version of their site. This setting though will be used for any site you visit by tapping on a URL in 1Password as a single tap of a URL will open the URL in 1Browser and not iOS Safari.
    2. When I'm redirected to the mobile version of the site, if instead of changing to the the full site and then tapping on the Login button I simply tap on the Members Login button on the mobile version I'm taken the mobile version of their login page where my test item continues to work and to fill in their page. Now once you're logged in the site will probably continue to display in mobile mode which may or may not be an issue. For that though you would either need to change the User Agent for all sites or repeat your sequence of steps each time you visit the page.

That part we've covered so far is related to the browser and how the site interacts with a mobile device. This is separate from filling and even separate from 1Password.

Below is a very specific URL. If you were to copy and paste it into an email and send it to yourself it will become clickable. Equally, if you were to copy and paste it directly into the address bar of Safari on either your iPhone or iPad it will work too. Either route though, following the link will redirect you back to 1Password on that iOS device and you will be asked if you want to add this Login item. This particular Login item is the one I created when I follow the steps I detailed in this post but I've also altered the URL slightly to https://www.talktome.com/login/. The username and password will obviously need adapted but that Login item behaves in the following fashion for me.

1. On my iPad, if I tap on the URL in the Login item it is passed to 1Browser and the username and password are filled in.
    2. On my iPad, if I either visit https://www.talktome.com/login/ directly or go to www.talktome.com and click on the Login button (to bring up the pop-up login window) I can then follow the steps in our Fill items in Safari guide to fill in both the username and password.
    3. On my iPhone, if I tap on the URL in the Login item it is passed to 1Browser and I'm redirected to their mobile site at m.talktome.com/#!. That is their site doing that, not 1Browser. If I tap on the Members Login button I am taken to a Login page where I can then tap on the key icon in 1Browser, select the Login item for talktome (like I would when following our Fill items in Safari guide) and it fills in the mobile login page. If I change the User Agent as detailed above so I'm not redirected to the mobile site then the steps for the iPad work.
    4. On my iPhone, if I either visit https://www.talktome.com/login/ directly or go to www.talktome.com I'm redirected to their mobile site at m.talktome.com/#!. If I tap on the Members Login button I am taken to a Login page where I can then tap on the key icon in 1Browser, select the Login item for talktome (like I would when following our Fill items in Safari guide) and it fills in the mobile login page.

onepassword://share/1?d=U2FsdGVkX18d3vcgVRCnrv%2FcvtOG7q7LgTFVXn1TFieHUq%2BsLgi6kxz%2BpPXXphYwwIZeq%2BfG5ViDt0Y6GsoypJ40LQk56dM2VlcVlGiEbenG9YJjjSuGZqJOYL7%2BO5YkE%2Bhl1KSlgH1oDq8p5mFX48FhkyUD%2F2bCsJQu%2BkOv5eTKoejJuu2pQ3ASUQp92t8Tt4UrSxfQ6jLgqQUgvaqssPjMBFas9y2qSN3AryHFXQ7OqmbWxyta%2BdRjuALAzcMhC8KWWBEfbJpNlJyi%2BH6VXWMIgaJNVd%2B%2FVEZDn8kZV1F1%2BvIc%2FDOZ0ydY2BjZxYbebSzZggQDYtweXMcuan4EgM2M8Xzx2AbpDc9nyadjzqTRuyAKKCEurtvC5WR7lqwbXEiq8abMM8mOmrrU%2FOrRravL7zR%2BZCbANFYTROGm607yD6h8U6ASxBZ3zimrrgj3zoRAvtLS6IaxanOsBw0uZk3DAJFm8IOGmol0lVkdSb4J1kFUqeSCg5XN9eoESI3l5CNR%2BLLXnFImAAP2U7w2Be8VELyBepKnSCzJuCeF9893H1Oc4hP8LI6VbeQzn4QYu%2FwQlObbjTSViOcVWBuY6Y8kw9MWLTSRjVdBQRIkbW3uxnB5D%2Fkwb7o%2BOOHTKEA0vKt5Bu8BQizcHq%2FJyhwFrfRgky4XPBELYZIyHo3%2FkxLADdm2gYuTatiJ8XkCuc4ItXziBI%2FLolyWU6LagiL%2B0561Q4VYqeQwtlElrda8HqVm%2FAeFldvxXQMQl2e0YqourAQqNUBp00XLQRfOV7i8zPEbxuRqpRYh%2BB069%2BJKutbZgvYRr72Rt5X0EY8oyLfl

I've created, destroyed and recreated this Login multiple times and tested over both iPhones and iPads in both Safari and 1Browser. Try as I might I cannot get it to fail in filling.

If you are still having issues I would suggest the following just in case it has an impact.

1. In 1Password, go to Settings > 1Browser > Clear Web Data
    2. In 1Password, ensure Settings > 1Browser > User Agent is set to 1Browser to view the mobile version of the site, Safari (iPad) for the full version.
    3. On your iOS device (not in 1Password) go to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data
    4. Reboot your iOS device

Do you still find at this point that the Login item I've shared with you (after altering to add your own login credentials) does not fill?

• missofthevalley
    missofthevalley
    Community Member

It still doesn't work how it used to but thats ok thanks.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @missofthevalley,

So you now have a working Login item that fills in on www.talktome.com?

• missofthevalley
    missofthevalley
    Community Member

No, it still no longer works the way it used to now it takes extra clicks etc defeating the purpose for me. But thanks for your help.
    Myphonesite.com also doesn't work

• dteare
    edited April 2015

Thanks for the update, @missofthevalley.

Did my comment above not help with myphonesite.com?

Ah, I see what is happening on myphonesite now. They have two login forms: one in the top right and one on the lower left side. When I filled using the Safari extension the form on the lower left side got filled. Since the form in the top right didn't change, I had assumed nothing had filled.
    Filling in 1Browser failed for me in version 5.3 of 1Password for iOS as neither of the forms filled. This is a known issue and has been fixed in 5.4; we're just waiting for Apple to approve the update.

The myphonesite should work within Safari but is indeed currently broken in 1Browser at the moment. Apple will hopefully approve the update soon so we can get this badness behind us :)

• missofthevalley
    missofthevalley
    Community Member

Awesome thanks for the help

• You're very welcome! :)

This discussion has been closed.