1Password Browser Extension & FireFox Developer Edition - Bug?

MrBMT
MrBMT
Community Member
edited March 2015 in Mac

Hi there,

I use FireFox Developer Edition along with 1Password on my Mac, and because of the default theme/colour scheme for FireFox Developer Edition, the 1Password extension is almost hidden away.

It would be much appreciated if you could do as some other developers have done and detect when FF Dev Edition is in use, then use different graphics for the extension menu item.

Here's a screenshot to show how it currently looks (note the well hidden browser extension on the far left):

Apologies if this wasn't the right place to post this, but I couldn't see anywhere better suited for it.

Many Thanks!

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015

@MrBMT: Thanks for bringing this up! Yeah, that is definitely a bit of a usability issue there. Fortunately, ⌘\ will 'bring 1Password to light' at least!

While dev builds are not really our focus, strictly speaking, I will bring this up with the team to see if there is anything we can do to help here. I am just not sure what is possible, but it never hurts to try. We appreciate the feedback! :)

• 123god
    123god
    Community Member

This is realy easy to do:

First, invert colors and increase luminance and contrast on the images in resources/onepassword/data/images/... and save them under the same name with "-devedt" added.

Second, in resources/onepassword/lib/global.min.js create a variable indicating wheter the developer edition theme is used:
    var devEnabled = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/preferences-service;1"].getService(Components.interfaces.nsIPrefBranch).getBoolPref("browser.devedition.theme.enabled");

Third, goto the line beginning with require('sdk/ui/button/action').ActionButton({... (line 70 if i refomat with SublimeText).
    There you add (devEnabled ? '-devedt' : '') to your icon declaration...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015

Hi @123god,

Thanks for sharing that! I'll let our team know you're keen to see something like this implemented. :)

ref: OPX-905

This discussion has been closed.