Card Templates

tim_gorin
tim_gorin
Community Member

I am running 1Password 5.0.2 running on an iMac with the latest version of Yosemite: Is it possible to create new categories? Also, I would like to create some new "card" templates and save them for repeated use, is there any way that I can do this? I know a card can be duplicated, but then I have to delete all the old information ... a template would be much easier. Please advise.

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Currently 1Password does not support adding new categories. This is an oft-asked feature, but is more complicated than it might seem.

You can create a new, blank entry with custom fields, and use that entry as your template. Duplicate one of your template entries whenever you want a copy to work with.

• Hi @tim.gorin@gmail.com,

Custom templates would certainly make this easier. Unfortunately that's not something that's possible yet. For the time being, I think @MrC's approach would be the easiest. I hope we can do better here in a future version.

Rick

• ddumond
    ddumond
    Community Member

Custom templates is extremely powerful -- The fact that it's your most requested feature should speak volumes! I'm a HUGE fan of Wallet... It has everything I need (and quite frankly I think it's gorgeous), but the fact it's no longer being developed has forced me to find another alternative -- this was their setup for creating a custom new category... Is this something 1Password might consider for future releases?

• We're always open to suggestions, and looking for ways to make 1Password better. :) We appreciate the feedback.

• ddumond
    ddumond
    Community Member

Thank you!! :)

• You're very welcome. :)

This discussion has been closed.