Investors Business Daily (investors.com)

Options

Investors.com does not work with 1Password for MAC (Yosemite). What do I need to do to use it on this site?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Have you tried re-creating and saving manually the login for that site? That sometimes fixes problems like the one you have because it allows 1P to learn the contents of the login page.

If that doesn't work for you please tell us:

1. what version of 1P you are using on your Mac (go to 1P > About 1Password and tell us exactly what it says there);
    2. what browser you are using; and
    3. the version number of the 1P extension in the browser.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @williewonder,

I just tried creating a new Login using our How to manually save a Login guide in 1Password 5.1 for Mac with the latest 1Password Safari Extension (v4.3.1) and the Login item it created seemed to fill okay for me.

Now it may be our versions differ or maybe the issue is after filling, hopefully your next post will help us understand :smile:

• williewonder
    williewonder
    Community Member
    Options

This failed following forum suggestions to make new login with a new name and see if it would work.

For this test I used:
    Safari 8.0.4
    Safari Browser 4.3.1 extension
    1Password 5.4 Beta 540001
    (Also failed on previous Beta)

There are five problem scenarios:

1 Most common:

a) 1Password goes to the Investors Page where the Sign In Option appears but this page does not have the boxes for sign in information.
    b) Click Sign In button and it goes to a page with the Sign In Email and Password.
    c) Click Sign In at this point requires manually filling in the information.

2 Common:

1Password goes to the investors site and progress is shown in Safari address bar, but stops about halfway through bar and hangs. That’s all; have to start over but it doesn’t work.

3 Less common:

1Password goes to investors site and generates the new message saying form filling failed and goes to the new error reporting on Synapse. I have submitted several but heard nothing.

I think 1Password may not be able to handle popups that are coming from Investors.com.

But yet,little bobbietables got it to work.

4) 1Password also fails using Firefox 37, Extension 4.2.5

5) 1Password also fails using Chrome Version 41.0.2272.118 (64-bit), Extension 4.3.1.90

Maybe the Beta is the problem?

• williewonder
    williewonder
    Community Member
    Options

As an addendum, I found 1Password won't fill in the log in info for this Agilebits forum. 1Password goes to the correct forum and sub forum but doesn't fill in the info. Log in manually works normally. Using same software as in my comment above.

1Password does work on some sites so failure is not universal.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @williewonder,

I think we're making progress. You are correct that open and fill won't work and I haven't found a dedicated login page to use as an alternative. All of my attempts involved going to http://www.investors.com/default.htm, clicking on the Sign in button and then using the keyboard shortcut ⌘\ to fill in. When I use this approach I can get it to fill in using the following combination.

1. 1Password 5.3 (MAS) & Extension 4.3.1
    2. 1Password 5.4.BETA-1 & Extension 4.3.1
    3. 1Password 5.4.BETA-1 & Extension 4.4.0.b4

We can't work with hidden fields and so we need the login to be visible. Sites likes Amazon have a nice clean and secure login page and those are a doddle. Sites like this will require you to click on whatever is needed to make the login visible at which point we can work.

Now we do have a minor blip in 1Password 5.4.BETA-1 where it reports a failure when there isn't one and that will be corrected in a future update. For the moment feel free to click on close as the reports are false positives.

How do you find the reliability if you visit the page in Safari, make the login window visible and then fill?

• williewonder
    williewonder
    Community Member
    Options

I've tried the command \ and it seems to work. It isn't as good as the open and logon but it may be the best alternative at this point. Thanks for your help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@williewonder: On behalf lil bobby, you are most welcome! Websites can do some 'interesting' things with their login process sometimes, but having a good workaround in these cases can be a real relief. I'm glad that worked for you. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.