PayPal Virtual Terminal Fields No Longer Populate Properly After Recent Update

Options
RYKSebastino
RYKSebastino
Community Member

I've tried both Safari and Chrome on the Mac, and 1Password 4 will no longer properly populate my PayPal Virtual Terminal fields.

I process a lot of customer's credit cards every month, which requires entering all their credit card info AND billing info into PayPal Virtual Terminal each time. Before the update, it did most of it okay, even though there were still some fields that I always had to manually do. Now - the only 2 fields it will correctly populate are the credit card type (from a drop down) and the card number. It will no longer populate the expiration month and year, security code, first name, last name, billing address, city, state or zip code. I have to copy and paste in all of those things individually now, which is really tedious.

Please let me know when this will be resolved.

Thank you,
RYKSebastino

Comments

• Jasper
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi @RYKSebastino,

Sorry to hear about the trouble!

I'm not familiar with PayPal Virtual Terminal — is it different than a regular PayPal transaction? Does it use a different checkout page with different fields?

Thanks in advance for the additional info! :)

• RYKSebastino
    RYKSebastino
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi @JasperP,

Thanks so much for your response!

PayPal Virtual Terminal allows business owners to receive credit card payments without the customer's card being present. I'm attaching a couple of screen shots for you. I have used 1Password for these transactions for the last 4 or 5 years, but it just stopped working with this recent update (see description in my first post).

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi @RYKSebastino‌

Thanks so much for sharing those screenshots! We have been tracking an issue with PayPal lately, and I have added your thoughts to the existing issue in our internal tracker.

We'll do what we can to get this resolved as soon as possible for you! :)

_ref_: OPX-538

• RYKSebastino
    RYKSebastino
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, @Megan! I would be willing to be involved in your testing to see if the issue is resolved as well.

Thanks again!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @RYKSebastino,

On @Megan's behalf, you're welcome. :)

We appreciate your offer to help with testing! Could you give the 4.2.4.BETA-3 browser extension a try and let us know if it behaves any differently with these PayPal Virtual Terminal forms?

To install the beta extension, open the 1Password 4 Browser Extension in your browser and click Enable betas before clicking the big green Install button there:

With Chrome, make sure it's the only extension enabled on the chrome://extensions page. Then restart the browser.

Thanks!

• RYKSebastino
    RYKSebastino
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @sjk,

Thanks for the opportunity to help!

I installed the beta extension on both Safari and Chrome for Mac.

Here's what happened when I tested 1Password Beta for Safari on PayPal Virtual Terminal:
    It worked a little bit better than the production version of the extension.
    It correctly chose the card type from the drop down (same as the production version).
    In the two expiration date fields, it did the same as the production version - in that in the month box it filled in "MM" instead of the actual month. In the year box it put BOTH the month AND the year with a space between them like this: "6 2016" (this particular card has an expiration date of June 2016). So those fields still need work and are no different than the production version.
    On the CSC field it left it completely blank and did not fill in the value as it should (same as production version).
    For the Billing Information, here's what happened:
    It filled in the First Name and Last Name correctly (the production version left these blank).
    It correctly chose the country from the drop down menu (I don't remember what the production version did here).
    For the two billing address fields, it correctly filled the address in the TOP box, but it duplicated the same address info AGAIN on the bottom address field when it should have left the bottom box blank (the production version left both fields blank).
    It correctly filled in the city (the production version left this blank).
    It correctly chose the state from the drop down menu (I don't remember what the production version did here).
    It correctly filled in the zip code (the production version left this field blank).

Here's what happened when I tested 1Password Beta for Chrome on PayPal Virtual Terminal:
    It produced exactly the same results as above in every field.

Let me know when you want me to test again.

I appreciate your efforts!!

• RYKSebastino
    RYKSebastino
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hello - It's been over two months and this issue still hasn't been touched in any of your updates and I've received no further response. Could you please let me know when this will be addressed? I believe I gave you all the detail that you asked for. Thank you.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @RYKSebastino,

Thanks for checking up on the status of this issue. Although the 1Password updates for iOS 8 and Yosemite have been keeping us more than busy recently there is still active development happening on the extension. Changes in the next release are expected to specifically address this and other bugs, but I don't have an estimate for when it'll be out. Sorry I don't have any other information to offer you at the moment.

• RYKSebastino
    RYKSebastino
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, thank you for the follow-up.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, @RYKSebastino.

When there's any new news about this I'll post about it here.

• RYKSebastino
    RYKSebastino
    Community Member
    Options

Excellent, thanks very much.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Happy to help you with getting this resolved! :)

• RYKSebastino
    RYKSebastino
    Community Member
    Options

I still haven't seen any progress on this. May I have an update please?

• Hi @RYKSebastino,

Thanks for following up on this! I have been working on improving identity and credit card filling over the past couple weeks, and it is getting there, but there is still a lot of work to do.

As I don't have a PayPal business account, this specific page is a bit tough to test. I would be curious to see what the result is with the latest beta of the 1Password extension - namely 4.3.0.BETA-9.

Also, if you could save the html for that page and send it in to support+forum@ agilebits .com, that would help us a lot in testing. To do so in Chrome, simply select "File" > "Save Page As", and for the format select "Webpage, Complete". Then zip those files up and attach them to your email. Just mention my name in your email, and I'll be sure to take a look!

Thanks again for all your help with this!

• Hi again @RYKSebastino,

A colleague of mine brought up a good point that I missed - to get the new changes in the beta extension, you will also need to be running the beta of 1Password for Mac.

Did you download 1Password from our website, or from the Mac App Store?

• RYKSebastino
    RYKSebastino
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there! I'm very sorry I didn't reply sooner. I'm very happy to report that as of 2-3 weeks ago, 1Password is now filling in ALL fields correctly again with PayPal Virtual Terminal. Thank you SO VERY much for fixing it!!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great news @RYKSebastino! On behalf of @Meek and the others who helped you with this, you're very welcome. Thanks so much for following up to let us know it's working correctly for you now! Hopefully it all continues to work well, but if you do run into more problems, please don't hesitate to contact us again. We're always happy to help! :)

ref: OPX-538

This discussion has been closed.