1Password NoGo for Pogo!

Login issue/problematic webpage
I recently created an account with PogoPlug. The login page is at my.pogoplug.com/

1Password recognizes the url of the page and finds the correct login items, but fails to apply them in the text boxes, they remain empty. It also fails via the "Go & Fill login" menu command.

I can succeed via Copy/Paste, but it requires two back & forth trips to the 1P application... painful!

In such cases, I wish I could copy the individual items to the clipboard straight from the 1P button. Why have to launch the 1P app for this?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Unfortunately, Pogoplug has not named their fields so 1Password is at a disadvantage here. The good news is that form filling works great on the Pogoplug site from within our Chrome extension (which code will be ported back to our Safari/Firefox extensions in an upcoming release). So the problem is already "fixed." It is only a matter of bring the code over from our from-the-ground-up Chrome extension rewrite.

In the meantime, you can either try using the Chrome extension — not a great solution if you are used to using Safari or Firefox and prefer to continue doing so — or simply hold down the Shift key when selecting the login in the browser which will edit the login directly in the browser where you can easily copy and paste the login information there rather than opening 1Password and searching for the login. :-)

Please let me know how it turns out.
  • MH58
    MH58
    Community Member
    I found that they expect 'email' and 'password' as the fields. I manually added a login and then updated the field names. It can fill them properly, but due to it being a javascript page, I have to hit enter to login.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2011
    Welcome to the forums, MH58! I'm glad things are working for you. Thanks for the tip!

It looks like they have actually redesigned their site, so manually saving a login should work. Please try saving the login manually like this:

1. Enter your username and password, but DO NOT submit the form.
    2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and choose Save Login.
    3. Set the Action field to Create New Login (or to Replace <login-name>, to update an existing Login item).
    4. Click the Save button.

Using the above technique I was able to save and fill a sample login in Safari at:

https://my.pogoplug.com/

Manually saving a login can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Doing this allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. :-)

If you are still having trouble, please take a look at our "Website Login Issues" guide:

http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/login_issues.html

Note especially that editing the login to change the Submit value from "If Autosubmit is ON" to "Never" works on a lot of sites which modify the form before submitting it or are looking for a literal key press or mouse click. This will give you the chance to actually give them what they are looking for by submitting the form yourself rather than allowing 1Password to do it on your behalf.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Thanks!
  • khad wrote:

Unfortunately, Pogoplug has not named their fields so 1Password is at a disadvantage here. The good news is that form filling works great on the Pogoplug site from within our Chrome extension (which code will be ported back to our Safari/Firefox extensions in an upcoming release). So the problem is already "fixed." It is only a matter of bring the code over from our from-the-ground-up Chrome extension rewrite.

In the meantime, you can either try using the Chrome extension — not a great solution if you are used to using Safari or Firefox and prefer to continue doing so — or simply hold down the Shift key when selecting the login in the browser which will edit the login directly in the browser where you can easily copy and paste the login information there rather than opening 1Password and searching for the login. :-)

Please let me know how it turns out.

Thanks for the info about the Shift key, I didn't know. That's a great shortcut!

To make the explanation clearer, IMHO, one needs to hit Shift while clicking on the 1P button; the word "Fill" then turns into "Edit".
    I just discovered the use of "Option" key too! Maybe I should read the manual one of these days...

Anyway, I'll be waiting for that update for sure, since I don't use Chrome. I have it installed and tried it, but I am really addicted to Safari!
  • khad wrote:

It looks like they have actually redesigned their site, so manually saving a login should work.

I can confirm it works and it is case-sentive, you must enter "email" and "password" all lower-case, "Password" did not work (to be clear, these are the field names, not the actual password).

The auto-submit does not work, but personally, I have that option turned off by default anyway (that feature was too much trouble for me).
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for updating the thread, evol!
This discussion has been closed.