Copy to clipboard from 1P button

Feature request
I wish I could copy individual login items directly from the 1P button in a browser, instead of making several trip back & forth to the 1Password application.

This would help with login pages where 1Password has problems.
It would also keep me from having to retype the master password in the application while the 1P session is still open in the browser.

Speaking of incompatible pages, I have one login where 1P refuses to apply the login items in the text boxes (myPogoplug.com) - I already made a post about this particular one.

I also have a few other login pages where 1P puts items in the wrong boxes, notably those pages that have separate login fields for existing user (sign in), and for new user (sign up), and 1password puts the data in the "New user" signup fields. While I can copy/paste and move the Username within the page, I cannot do so for the dotted-out password.

The feature I mention here would be a time saver!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2011
    As I mentioned in the other thread in which you posted the same information, please hold down the Shift key while selecting the login from within Safari or Firefox. :-)

In Chrome, you can simply click the right-pointing arrow next to the login name to view the details.

For logins with which you are having difficulty, please try saving the login manually like this:

1. Enter your username and password, but DO NOT submit the form.
    2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and choose Save Login.
    3. Set the Action field to Create New Login (or to Replace <login-name>, to update an existing Login item).
    4. Click the Save button.

Manually saving a login can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Doing this allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. :-)

If you are still having trouble, please take a look at our "Website Login Issues" guide. Note especially that editing the login to change the Submit value from "If Autosubmit is ON" to "Never" works on a lot of sites which modify the form before submitting it or are looking for a literal key press or mouse click. This will give you the chance to actually give them what they are looking for by submitting the form yourself rather than allowing 1Password to do it on your behalf.

Are there any specific URLs with which you are having trouble? If you could provide them I might be able to better assist you.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.