TL;DR

Narius
Narius
Community Member

Hi team. Saw this on your latest iOS release. Being the techy that I am, I searched it in Google. If the Too Long refers to your release notes, no way. I appreciate them - knowing what's been fixed. (And your gentle humour to boot). If it refers to something else well,..... it's undefined so I'm not sure what it is you've been listening to us about. A bit gnostic really.
If I had to guess, I'd say notification centre.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Narius,

Thanks so much for the feedback! Its' great to hear that you read our release notes, and that you appreciate the humour - we sure have fun writing them. :)

As far as the TL;DR goes, we have heard from some users who prefer 'just the facts' in our release notes. So, with this release, we were looking for a happy middle ground and included a short summary of what we improved in this version, and then got into the fun stuff. I hope this explains our decision, but we're happy to answer any other questions you might have.

• Narius
    Narius
    Community Member

Your openness as to what you do and your explanations go a long way to making you the great company you are. 3 possibilities here. 1) Include it all. If we don't want to read it, don't have to. 2) Outline the basics and tell us where to get the deeper deal. 3. Include the release notes as part of your mailouts. Again, don't have to read the details if we don't want. (And you can always precede it with "And now to the (news)" which would require you to end it with "So it's goodnight from me".... "And it's goodnight from him". aka 2 Ronnies).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015

@Narius: You are too kind. Thank you so much for the compliments! :chuffed:

I think what Megan means is that people often want to know what's new, but not necessarily in such exhaustive (and whimsical) detail. I for one love the full release notes, but I've always been a sucker for that sort of thing.

Giving a summary of 'what's up' at the top (sort of like a news headline) and followed by the details for those who want them is good balance I think. I always want to know what's new but can't stand the dry line-by-line type release notes that look like they were generated by a shell script. ;)

(And you can always precede it with "And now to the (news)" which would require you to end it with "So it's goodnight from me".... "And it's goodnight from him". aka 2 Ronnies)

So great. :lol: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.