Problem with Xbox.com

Hi,

I'm having real problems with storing a password that will automatically populate for Xbox.com.

Its the same password that I use for live.com; however login.live.com as a website isn't recognised when I try and use the keyboard shortcut.

Has anyone else had any experience of this or know how to resolve the problem?

Many thanks,

Dave

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Dave ( @TrapperDave ),

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with xbox.com. If you're using the same login details for multiple sites, you'll need to make sure that each of the site's URLs are saved within the item's details.

Have you added the URL for xbox.com and live.com to the appropriate Login entry?

If so, I'd love to know a little bit more about your 1Password ecosystem so we can better track this issue down:

• What is the version number of 1Password that you have installed? (Please include all relevant computers and devices)
    • What is the version number of your operating system (for all computers and devices)?
    • Which browser are you using and what is its version number?
    • What is the version number of your browser extension? (This can normally be found in the browser’s preferences, in the ‘extensions’ pane.)

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

• Thanks for the update, Dave.

I see what you mean that the login link on XBox.com opens to the live.com website. If I'm understanding you correctly, when you open 1Password on live.com you do not see your Xbox login listed even though you added the live.com URL to your XBox login. In theory adding that URL there should have made it work just fine, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Could you please try saving a new login on the https://login.live.com login page and see if that works? Here are the steps you can follow to manually save a new Login:

https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/

I suspect creating a brand new Login will solve the issue entirely.

Please let us know how it turns out and we'll investigate the old Login once you're up and running.

• TrapperDave
    TrapperDave
    Community Member

Hi,

Yes, creating a new login fixed the problem.

Initially it looked like it couldn't find the previous entry.

Thanks for all of the great work.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@TrapperDave: I'm sorry for the trouble, but I am glad that saving a new login resolved the issue for you! :+1:

On behalf of dteare, Megan, and the rest of the AgileBits team, you are most welcome! And thank you for your support. We couldn't do it without you! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.