Wrong date of birth

danco
danco
Volunteer Moderator

On some sites when I fill in my identity the date of birth is wildly wrong; different day, month, and year (and I think I have even seen 8963 as the year, though my year of birth is not even 1963). Presumably 1PW is getting the info from somewhere on my identity item, but I did not recognise the numbers.

One example is http://promo.classicfm.co.uk/odeon/

Comments

• Hi @danco,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with filling birth dates on websites!

I tried filling my identity item on your example there, and it filled in the birth year perfectly fine. Which version of 1Password are you using and on which platform?

We'll continue from there :)

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

5.3 (Agile) on Yosemite 10.10.3.

As mentioned, it's not just the year, it has day and month wrong too.

I can't go back to this particular site, as its cookies prevent me from entering the competition again. What I realise I must check is whether there is a difference between directly using the 1PW identity and using my Keyboard Maestro macro to enter it.

The problem occurs on variou sites, but others fill ok. I'll let you know when I see it again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@danco: Not that I'd want to encourage you to 'cheat' and enter the competition more than once...but you should be able to delete the cookies for the site to 'reset' it.

I wonder if this issue may be related to the way that dates are formatted in different locales. It could be a problem at the OS level, with 1Password, or some interaction between the two.

It filled correctly for me using the same version of OS X and 1Password that you are, but at first I thought it was wrong. I'm in the U.S., and traditionally we have the month first for some reason (I'd prefer year first, but that's a topic for another day!) so it took me a second to understand what I was seeing. Since this is a U.K. site, I think this might be key.

I tried switching the localization settings on my Mac to U.K. and then filling: no change; tried creating a new identity item while still localized as U.K.: no change.

So back to your issue: if you create a new identity item does it still fill incorrectly at the site? What about if you add a note to your existing one and save it? Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

This discussion has been closed.