Disused keychains and multiple dropboxes

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited April 2015 in iOS

Hi

I though I would ask here about some disused keychains in multiple Dropbox Accounts. How does 1Password handle these? I have a main one that I normally use but the other keychains are inaccessible and I have forgotten the passcodes as well!

Does 1Password ask for hints creation as I haven't noticed any lately across iOS and Windows?

Is it possible to allow 1Password to access 2 separate Dropbox accounts for the primary and secondary keychains?

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thought, not though.

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015
    Options

Hello @wkleem,

The keychains in dropbox are only used when you setup syncing. So for example, you can have 1Password installed and not have syncing configured, and in that case it would not use ANY of your keychains in DropBox. If you wished to set up syncing you select DropBox and it ask you to choose which of those keychains you wish to sync with.

If you wanted to add a secondary vault you can go to Settings > Vaults and select "Sync Additional Vault" to set one up. You can sync that with a different keychain from DropBox.

As for the keychains you forgot the Master Passwords to, you may want to delete or archive them.

This discussion has been closed.