1Password Crashes on Touch ID Cancellation

Options
VBRocks
VBRocks
Community Member

Hi There,

Unfortunately, my iPhone Touch ID is not working for some reason, so I have to exchange my phone, but in the meantime... I am trying to open 1Password and am immediately prompted with the "Touch ID for "1Password" dialog, which has a Cancel option. When I click it, so that I can enter my password instead, the application immediately closes. This appears to be a crash, but may be by design; either way, I need to be able to enter my password manually.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @VBRocks,

This is by design. Apple used to offer us the ability to have both an "enter password" and a "cancel" button. With the latest iOS update (8.3) this is no longer possible, and the only button they give us is "cancel." The intended action for the cancel button is to close the app.

You can enter your Master Password either by failing touch ID authentication (using a non-registered finger) or by restarting the device.

Thanks!

Ben

• VBRocks
    VBRocks
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, thanks. I can't fail the touch id, because it doesn't work. Restarting is pretty cumbersome. I'll have to try to get my phone fixed ASAP. Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome. Hope you're able to get it sorted soon! :)

• LadyB
    LadyB
    Community Member
    Options

So... every time I want to go back to the app, if I've switched over to another app for instance... I've got to reboot the whole phone? By design? Please introduce me to the genius who thought that up. Not happy about this - I won't get my Touch ID back up and running, so I'm forever going to have to use 1Password in a really slow cumbersome and possibly unsecure way, because I'll have to do screen prints if I want to switch between apps. Marvellous.

• LadyB
    LadyB
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, hubby has figured out a fix, VBRocks. Delete your saved fingerprints from the Settings. I figure I'm not going to need them any more anyway. Then it's worked a couple of times, switching between apps etc.

• VBRocks
    VBRocks
    Community Member
    Options

LadyB, thank you! That's awesome! :)

• Ben
    Options

Have you folks tried turning Touch ID off altogether? :)

• VBRocks
    VBRocks
    Community Member
    Options

bwoodruff: I restarted my phone, opened 1Password using my password, went to Settings | Security | Touch ID and disabled it. That worked fine.

Also, I called Verizon yesterday about the Touch ID issue, they could not resolve it. They said the phone is still under Manufacturer's warranty, so it is being replaced for free. They are sending me a new phone today.

• Ben
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. :)

This discussion has been closed.