how to sync between android an windows ?

Options
garry35
garry35
Community Member

how do i sync between windows and android phone, do i need two licenses 1 for windows and another for android or is there an easier way ? if i need a license for each then it could get very expensive

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Depends what you want to do on your Android. The reader functionality is free but you need to do an in-app purchase to be able to write to the vault.
    Either way, you will need a Windows license.

You can then use Dropbox to sync your vault between the two.
    https://support.1password.com/sync-options/#dropbox-for-vault-sharing-and-cross-platform-sync

• garry35
    garry35
    Community Member
    Options

i want to add login or pass data either via the import option or adding manually. after i have added data, how do i then sync data ? do i need to purchase the desktop license or another way ? both these are assuming i have a paid license for the android through in app purchases

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Right, so you've got the full Android version. You can use the Dropbox link I posted before to sync your vault to Windows (you'll find the vault in your Dropbox folder).

You can then point the Windows version of 1Password at the vault in the Dropbox folder. 1Password for Windows has a trial version which means that it's free to use for 30 days or forever if you have less than 20 items in your vault. If you have more than 20 items then after 30 days you'll need to buy 1Password for Windows license.

• saad
    Options

Hey @garry35! The link posted above will help you get Dropbox sync working on your devices. It also points to the Windows and Android user guides that will walk you through the process of configuring sync. If you have any other questions, just let us know. We would be more than happy to help you get 1Password working for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.