Early Alpha impressions

Options
chenryhen
chenryhen
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

First of all, after the WP7 app, it's so nice to see a 1Password on my phone that looks like it belongs there. That said, I think I might be missing something, because I can't seem to do much with the app.

One minor quibble, after I sort by title, my logins are still not in any kind of order. They're in the correct letter "category" but not alphabetically.

I guess there's no "Reveal" function yet for passwords? My main workflow is to copy and paste into different apps (like if I'm using Facebook to log into a service). Also, the "Browse" button isn't enabled yet, and I don't see any interaction with 1Password from IE. How do I actually plug in the credentials stored in 1Password into a website or app?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Hi @chenryhen,

Thanks for sharing your impressions with us, we really appreciate it. It is true, this alpha is far from perfect and we wanted to bring people in to make sure we spend time on most important things first.

I must confess, Phone version is a bit behind tablet version, we are working to reduce this gap now. Reveal will be definitely added soon. Browse button will be there too, but it will take more time (not indefinite, but not in the next few updates for sure). It is more complicated to integrate with IE on Windows RT as there are no extension points in IE :( We think we've found some workarounds and will reveal autofill as soon as it is possible.

• chenryhen
    chenryhen
    Community Member
    Options

@SergeyTheAgile I understand that it's a process, and I really do appreciate that you're engaging the community on this. Looking forward to the updates :)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Note that the "reveal" and "copy" functionality is already there when you use the app on a tablet.

This discussion has been closed.