Something funky going on.

Options
Defy3
Defy3
Community Member

Hi,
I just updated my iOS to 8.3. Naturally, the phone had to reboot during the upgrade process. Now, it is not accepting my master password. I know for a fact that I am using the correct password because I had it written down, placed in a sealed envelop, and locked in my safe. Thinking I had forgotten my password somehow, I took it out of the safe and tried multiple times to no avail. Because it will not scan my fingerprint, I am effectively locked out.

What can I do?
Thank you.
Locked out

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Please provide a little more information so that we can help:

1. What version of 1P did you have on your phone before the iOS 8.3 upgrade? (I'm assuming it was 1P5 for iOS but we need to know for sure.)
    2. Do you sync your 1P data with any other device? If so what version of 1P do you run on that other device and what sync method do you use?
    3. Have you recently changed your 1P master password on any of your devices?

Stephen

• Hi @Defy3,

I'm sorry you are having troubles logging in. In addition to answering Stephen_C's questions, could you also answer these:

1. does your Master Password use any accented letters?
    2. I know this is likely a silly question, but was the caps lock key on when trying to enter your password?
    3. Finally, did you make a backup of your iPhone before the upgrade?
  • Defy3
    Defy3
    Community Member
    Options

@Stephen_C :
    1. Yes to version.
    2. No
    3. No
    @hayesk Yes to number 1. 2. No caps lock. Not silly either. Sometimes you just have to be sure. 3. My bad. No.

So, I ended up uninstalling and re-installing because I just wanted to get my stuff back. :-). Ah well. Let the fun begin.

Have a good day, folks. I appreciate your time.

• ag_kevin
    edited April 2015
    Options

Just a note about the accented characters:

While it is possible in most cases to use accented characters, it is generally not recommended in the master password due to different platforms coding them differently. Now from one iOS version to another should normally be ok, but Apple has made changes to their emoji character set in iOS 8.3, so that might explain your issue. I don't know if you used emoji in your password (no need to confirm), but it is something to keep in mind. You may want to stick to unaccented characters in your master password just to be safe in the future.

This discussion has been closed.