1Password Not Remembering Previous View

Options
tjbuege
tjbuege
Community Member

Hi,

One of the recent updates broke 1passwords ability to display what I was viewing when I last shutdown the program. It now defaults to the Favorites view all the time, regardless of what I am viewing when exiting. The release notes in a recent update mentioned this was fixed, but I haven't seen that to be true. Is this still being worked on? Or is there something I need to do to get this working correctly?

Thanks,
Tim

1password v5.4.1
iOS 8.3
iPad Air

Comments

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tjbuege,

I believe that for 1Password iOS 5.4 you should have it actually remember which tab you were in between launches of the app. It wouldn't remember any more than that however (for example, if you were viewing or editing an item).

Are you certain you're updated to version 5.4.1? Go to "Settings" in the app and scroll to the bottom. It should display the version of the app.

• tjbuege
    tjbuege
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I have version 5.4.1 installed, per the settings screen.

• Thanks for the report, @tjbuege. I know Nathan has been running some experiments to try and recreate the problem you're seeing. So far I don't believe he's been successful, but he did notice some improvements he could make that should make it more stable going forward. You should see these improvements in the next release.

• tjbuege
    tjbuege
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you!

Would reinstalling the app help? I've been reluctant to try for fear of losing all my passwords. If you can tell me how to correctly reinstall and not lose the data, I'm willing to try that.

Tim

• Hi @tjbuege ,

Reinstalling may help, but if you do so, make sure you have a backup of your vault, delete and reinstall the app, and restore the backup. Here are the instructions:

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios/5/en/topic/itunes-backups

I also recommend doing an iTunes backup of your entire iPad, just to be safe.

This discussion has been closed.