NS and I website login fails

Logging into nsandi.com website requires Surname and NS & I number but if I create a new login with the Safari Extension, entering both these things, only the Surname get filled in. Tony

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

I can't remember how I created my login initially, but mine does work. Have you tried entering the data and then doing a manual save? That often works.

I'm only posting this because it isn't a site that the Agile people could enter data on, so it is hard for them to find your problem.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tonydow,

I just tried creating a Login item using our How to manually save a Login approach and while the resulting Login item didn't seem to have recorded either piece of data, both were present in the Web Form Details section and when I reloaded the page and filled both were entered. To make the Login item more friendly I personally would probably add both bits of information as custom fields so they were visible when viewing the Item Details for that Login item.

Now your first post didn't mention platform or version numbers at all so it might be I'm not testing the right version of 1Password.

What I did do was test 1Password 5.3 for Mac in Safari using our currently stable extension, version 4.3.1. Now if these don't match with you please do let us know what you're running and we'll see if we can spot a difference :smile:

• tonydow
    tonydow
    Community Member
    edited April 2015

Hi I'm using iPassword for IOS 5.4 on iPad. Don't know extension version but assume it is latest (how do I tell ). How do I add items as custom fields? Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tonydow: I hope you don't mind, but I'm moving your post to a new thread in the iOS section of the forums since it isn't browser filling related.

I'm not completely certain I know what you mean, but when editing an item you can add a new section field and then add new fields within that section:

Also, since the 1Password extension on iOS is actually part of the app itself, it doesn't have its own version number. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015
    This discussion was created from comments split from: NS and I website login fails.
  • tonydow
    tonydow
    Community Member

Hi brenty. Thanks for your reply - I was reffering to the comment by littlebobbytables "What I did do was test 1Password 5.3 for Mac in Safari using our currently stable extension, version 4.3.1."
    My original post was was about browser filling in that I can't get iPassword to fill in the required fields at nsandi.com so I believe it was in the correct section.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tonydow: Ah, I'm sorry for misunderstanding! It seemed like your comment was regarding item editing in 1Password for iOS, but I've moved it back now for you.

At any rate, be sure to let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. We're always here to help! :)

• tonydow
    tonydow
    Community Member

@danco Thanks for letting me know that it can work. The Agile team should still be able to analyse this without having an account as all I need is for 1Password to fill the fields without submitting anything that needs verification.

@littlebobbytables I have added custom fields for each of the input fields but how do I get 1P to use those items rather than the default username and password fields. Is this even possible?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tonydow,

Apologies if I've mislead you at all. Custom fields allow you and I to append any piece of information we desire to an item but the Login items won't use this additional information.

If you need 1Password to record something other than a single username and password you would use the extension to record the Login, either automatically or via the How to manually save a Login steps. This allows 1Password to record the info in the web form details so it can be used to log in. However it isn't automatically visible so I tend to manually duplicate the information into custom fields - it's just how I like to keep my vault.

Then there is information not specific to logging in but still relevant to this particular site. I use a unique email address per site so if the username isn't the email address I record that here so I can keep track. If the site has additional security features such as 2FA or security questions I'll record that here too as none of my answers are real and I will forget whatever nonsense I entered. If a site requires a date of birth and I've been frugal with the truth I'll record what I wrote here too.

Does that help explain custom fields and how you might find use in them?

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

You could try editing the 1PW login, showing web form details.

My version has filed including surname and id.

surname is set to text, id to text with username (icon of a head).

Does that help?

• tonydow
    tonydow
    Community Member

Hi @danco. I have got it to fill the surname and can copy/paste the id which is okay. Thanks for your help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That's great to hear. Thanks for the update! We will see what we can do on our end to improve this in the future as well. :)

This discussion has been closed.