Two questions

Options
bkatz
bkatz
Community Member

Two questions. First, I'm currently using 3.8.22 (build 32010) on my Mac (OS 10.8.5). IOf I upgrade to 1P 4 or 5, will my sign-in data automatically transfer? And second: I just downloaded Google Chrome. When I try to add the 1P extension, I get a message saying I have to download Chrome first -- which I've already done. What am I missing?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bkatz,

Both 1Password 4 and 1Password 5, if they have never been run before will check several default locations which include both ~/Library/Application Support/1Password/ (the default 1Password 3 location) and Dropbox which is where 1Password 3 will have moved your 1Password.agilekeychain if you set up syncing. So in all but the oddest circumstances it will find your existing data and import it.

I'm a little unsure as to the Google Chrome issue.

Are you downloading the Chrome extension from within Chrome and it's reporting back that you need to download Chrome first? If it is I can see why that would seem a little odd. If you're trying to download the Chrome Extension from another browser that might explain the problem and reattempting from within Chrome should sort it out. If I've misunderstand anything please do let us know.

• bkatz
    bkatz
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick response. (You have to do this on weekends too?!) I'll make my decision about the upgrade later this week. Everything's working fine just now, but there comes a time... As to the Chrome issue, it resolved itself. I have no idea why, but I'll take it.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bkatz ,

Our team is in the forums 7 days a week to ensure that your questions are answered as quickly as possible. I'm glad to hear that Chrome is once again behaving for you - I hope it continues to do so.

If you have any more questions about upgrading, or anything else 1Password, we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.