Which version to download for ios 10.6.8?

Options
grajay
grajay
Community Member
edited April 2015 in Mac

I have recommended a friend to buy 1password as it has saved me so much grief.

Now, she is running an old iMac with OSX 10.6.8. Which version will she need to download once she comes to buy please?

Thanks

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @grajay,

Firstly I'd like to say thank you for you kind words. That sort of recommendation is what everybody here strives for! I will be passing on your kind words to the gang.

When Your friend goes to download 1Password they'll be guided to our AgileBits Download page. Now the version at the top is for Yosemite but at the bottom of the page we have a legacy section along with what minimum versions of OS X they're compatible with. So for OS X 10.6 AKA Snow Leopard they're limited to 1Password 3.

As you may or may already know, when you purchase 1Password 5 you are entitled to run whatever version of 1Password is compatible with your OS. In the licence email there should be a link for the licence file that is for 1Password 4/5 and a licence key which is specifically for 1Password 3. Your friend just has to ignore the link and copy and paste the code. If she ever replaces the Mac or upgrades the version of OS X she is running she still has a licence for 1Password 3-5 and she doesn't need another purchase to user a newer version.

If you have any questions from any of that please do ask away :smile:

• grajay
    grajay
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the info. I'll certainly get her on the case, and maybe see how far her OXS updates might take her before she makes any moves.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of littlebobbytables, you're very welcome! I hope your friend enjoys 1Password. If you need anything else, please let us know - we're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.