Login works on Macbook but not on iPhone 5s

Options
CarolineEddy
CarolineEddy
Community Member

I changed my eBay password in my Macbook today. It is a very long 1P generated password. That did sync to iPhone via dropbox. Login works well In Macbook. Does not work at all in iPhone. I tried to use 1P browser in phone and also tried to login via Safari. I compared passwords on both mac and phone. They are both the same. Does anyone know what is going on? Hmmmm

PS My other sites work well. It is just in eBay so far.

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015
    Options

Hi @CarolineEddy,

That is odd! Can I have you try this and let me know if it works?

1. On your MacBook, save a duplicate of the eBay login item. You can do this by selecting eBay in the item list and using the keyboard shortcut ⌘D, and be sure to click Save at the bottom.
    2. On your iPhone, sync 1Password: Settings > Sync > Sync Now.
    3. Login to eBay via 1Browser: Go back into the item list, select the eBay Copy you just made, tap on the website in the item details.

Does it login properly? If not, what happens instead?

• CarolineEddy
    CarolineEddy
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Vee,
    I just tried the steps you mentioned exactly. This did not work either. I also used the password from "eBay-copy" on my Mac and it did work! Really Odd!!!

• CarolineEddy
    CarolineEddy
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Vee,
    FYI. @Littlebobbytables suggested the following and it worked. I thought I would share in case it came up for you again. I followed instructions from his link: https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/
    How to create a fresh Login instead of coping. It worked like a charm. It had nothing to do with IP Browser as some articles suggested, because even a copy paste into Safari or Chrome did not work. Have a great day!

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for sharing how you solved this @CarolineEddy. Glad logging in to Ebay works again!

• CarolineEddy
    CarolineEddy
    Community Member
    Options

;)

• Ben
    Options

:)

This discussion has been closed.