Password works with mac but not with iPhone

I changed my eBay password in my Macbook today. It is a very long 1P generated password. That did sync to iPhone via dropbox. Login works well In Macbook. Does not work at all in iPhone. I tried to use 1P browser in phone and also tried to login via Safari. I compared passwords on both mac and phone. They are both the same. Does anyone know what is going on? All other sites work well. It is just in eBay so far.
PS
Vee from iOS suggested I make a copy in mac, sync then try again in iPhone from the copy. This did not work either. I am hoping she has another idea.
I am not really sure if the Mac and IOS support both see these discussions, so I am repeating them here hoping for a new solution. I hope that is ok? If not please let me know. Thanks

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @CarolineEddy,

As the issue seems to be about filling I've actually moved it to our Saving and Filling in Browsers section - I hope you don't mind :smile:

Can we try a different approach. Rather than duplicating a Login item can we try creating a brand new one from inside the browser on your Mac, using our How to manually save a Login guide please.

To follow the steps you'll probably find it easiest to copy and paste your username and password in as submitting your existing Login item would follow the fill with the submit. Once that Login item syncs I would hope you could log into eBay on any device. If you're curious we can investigate afterwards why this happened but I'd like to ensure you have a working Login first.

Please do let us know how it goes.

• CarolineEddy
    CarolineEddy
    Community Member

Hi @littlebobbytables,
    Thanks so much for your help! Your method worked! I followed instructions from your link: https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/
    How to create a fresh Login instead of coping. It worked like a charm. It had nothing to do with IP Browser, because even a copy paste into Safari or Chrome did not work. Thanks for getting me through this step.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Glad we could help @CarolineEddy :smile:

As this seems to be resolved I'm going to close this thread but if you have any questions or issues in the future don't hesitate to post, we're here 24/7... mostly :tongue:

This discussion has been closed.