1 Password 5 "freezes"

Options
aldavis99
aldavis99
Community Member

Some time ago I installed 1 Password 5 (Version 5.3) on my i Mac running OS 10.10.3. I had problem with it on my MacBook Pro (running 10.10.3) so I deleted it and downloaded a new copy from your website. A short time after I open 1 Password 5 on my Macbook Pro it "freezes" and I get this error message: There was a problem connecting to the server "Al Davis's iMac (4)" -- I can click on "OK" but the error message keeps reappearing until I restart the computer. When I restart the MacBook Pro it's fine until I launch 1 Password and I get the same thing all over. Any ideas???

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @aldavis99 ,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password right now. It sounds to me like you might be using Folder Sync to access a datafile that is on a local server, is that the case?

Please note that Folder Sync relies on your datafile being available at all times, so if you have your datafile on a removable drive, or a server that has the potential to become disconnected, you may need to adjust your settings.

• aldavis99
    aldavis99
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

I was so excited when I read your suggestion because I did have them set on Sync w/Folder. So in preferences I changed the Primary and Secondary Vaults to Sync with "None", quit both my iMac and NoteBook Pro, restarted both computers -- and, same problem, I get the same error message on the Macbook Pro, I don't have that problem w/the iMac -- nor my iPad.

Now what?

• aldavis99
    aldavis99
    Community Member
    Options

Megan -- Disregard above. I deleted old copy and downloaded again -- and I'm not getting the old error message. Hope it continues to behave properly -- I'll let you know if it doesn't. :-) Thank you.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @aldavis99 ,

Well, I'm glad to hear that everything is behaving properly for you now! I hope that 1Password behaves nicely for you from now on, but we're here if you need anything further. :)

This discussion has been closed.