1PW5 & Yosemite

Options
Phidor63
Phidor63
Community Member

Ever since I upgraded to Yosemite, 10.10.3, the little key icon has been missing in the tool bar. It is checked to show in 1PW Preferences.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Phidor63,

In 1Password 5 for Mac, we changed the 1Password mini/extension icon from a key to a circle with a keyhole. You can see what it looks like in this knowledgebase article. Do you see that in your Mac's menubar, or in your browser's toolbar?

• Phidor63
    Phidor63
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Drew_AG

Thank you. I found it. Should I have known that? Never mind. Now how do I get it to stay active for more than i usage or whatever. I'm constantly having to fill in my PW. It's set to stay on for 1440 minutes or one day, I forget which!

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@Phidor63:

1. Review your settings in 1P > Preferences > Security under Auto-lock. This page of the user guide is very helpful in that context.
    2. Make sure that in 1P > Preferences > General you have checked Always keep 1Password mini running.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Phidor63,

We would certainly be intrigued by the results of Stephen_C's suggestions as both of those would have an influence on how often you need to enter your Master Password. If you're wondering, 1Password mini handles all the timers and your vault locks automatically if it is shut down - that's why you need to keep 1Password mini running if you want to make use of the Auto-lock features.

Let us know how you get along :smile:

This discussion has been closed.