Window focus on filling username and password

I just noticed a possible bug or interaction problem with 1Password- Version 5.3 (530029) - Mac App Store and Firefox 37.0.2.
I had two windows open. The login form that appeared had the two username/password fields with the cursor within the filed and the window had focus, but 1Password insisted on filling in a random field on the window in the background.

I wish I could show you, but both sites are behind our firewall. They are using commercial/opensource applications (Zenoss Monitor and BMC Software - BMC Footprints ticket software).

The up front focus window received no input, just the window behind it. I had a ticket open (the second window) and remembered I needed some information from Zenoss to put into the ticket, opened a new tab, opened the site and tried to login, but 1Password would do the above.

Grr.. Anyone else seen this? I bit of helpful information, BOTH windows have a URL loaded that is listed in the "login" URL list on the 1Password entry. However this one entry is UTEID, the common single-login system for Univ. of Texas. So I keep adding URLs of sites that request those credentials (which is what I thought I was supposed to do?)

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jewettg,

I'm sorry you're having that problem when filling a Login in Firefox! I moved your message to our Saving and Filling in Browsers forum for more help with this.

Did this happen just one time, or are you able to reproduce it? If you can reproduce it, are you able to do so every time, or does it seem to happen only sometimes?

By any chance have you tried the same thing in Safari or Chrome? If so, does the same thing happen?

Also, can you please let us know the exact version of the 1Password extension you have installed in Firefox? (Tools > Add-ons)

Thanks!

• jewettg
    jewettg
    Community Member

I will try to perform those isolation tests as soon as possible.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @jewettg for your help in narrowing this down and we do apologise for this, it's definitely not desirable behaviour.

This discussion has been closed.