Not able to sync to the company's shared vault, diff between Mac and Windows on unlocking vaults

cj_eventually.dk
cj_eventually.dk
Community Member
edited May 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

We've decided to use 1password in our company - but we are having some difficulties synchronizing everything. We are 5 persons currently running it, me being the only windows user - all the others have created separate users, been invited to the vault, which contains all our company wide passwords, but I cannot obtain this same functionality. We've tried numerous things - But everytime i want to access the vault, I can only access it by using the master password, which the author/creator of the vault set up. Even though I've been invited and entered the master password on my machine it doesn't work.

Any help is welcome

Br

Comments

• 1Password on Mac and 1Password on Windows handle multiple vaults differently. 1Password for Windows does not include the concept of primary and secondary vaults, so each vault is locked and unlocked separately. In 1Password for Mac unlocking your primary vault will grant access to all vaults.

1Password on Mac and iOS has a central database file that keeps all of your vaults and enables it to unlock all vaults at once via the primary master vault.
    This doesn't exist on Windows, it read and writes to your vault files directly, rather than dealing with one database file.

I hope this helps to explain what you are seeing. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

• cj_eventually.dk
    cj_eventually.dk
    Community Member

Thank you, it answers our problem :)

• I'm so glad that addressed your concerns :)

This discussion has been closed.