Cannot fill on login.fidelity.com [saved username contained *, edit Login to correct]

This discussion was created from comments split from: Trouble signing into Fidelity.com account.

Comments

• nitzer93
    nitzer93
    Community Member

I am having the same issue with Fidelity from my Mac. I sync using Dropbox as well. If I manually enter my username and then copy my password from 1Password it works, but the auto login from 1Password fails every time. URL I'm seeing on Fidelity is: https://login.fidelity.com/ftgw/Fas/Fidelity/RtlCust/Login/Init?AuthRedUrl=https://oltx.fidelity.com/ftgw/fbc/ofsummary/defaultPage

• Hey @nitzer93! Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the forums. :)

I've moved your discussion to our browser filling topic, since your problem is will filling in a browser on a Mac rather than with 1Password's 1Browser on Android. Let's see what we can do to get your login issue sorted out here.

I'd like you to recreate the login using the instructions in this guide.

Let us know if that does the trick! Thanks!

• nitzer93
    nitzer93
    Community Member

Hi Peri. So I recreated the login using the guide you sent but still no luck. As soon as I attempt to use the new saved login (that worked just seconds before when done manually) I receive: Error: The username or password you entered is not correct. Please try again.

Any ideas on what to try next?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@nitzer93: Aha! I see what's happening here. That crazy login form is dumping ** in our username! :dizzy:

When this happens, and you save the login, 1Password will have an invalid username for you -- the one replaced with **. So you'll need to edit your new login item to have your full username instead. Then try filling it and see if that works better for you. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

• nitzer93
    nitzer93
    Community Member

Success! Thank you Brenty! I'm a newbie with 1Password, thanks for your patience with me.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @nitzer93,

This is a subtle and rare occurrence so it's easy to miss. More often than not when we see something obscured like that we assume the contents are actually still there and just concealed rather than having been physically changed! This sort of thing will catch everybody out at least the first time if not more. I'm glad we could help resolve it though :smile:

As this seems to be resolved I'm going to close this thread but if you have any questions or issues in the future don't hesitate to post and happy password filling!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Agreed. If I hadn't learned this lesson myself already it would caught me off guard as well! After all, it looks exactly the same to you, whether 1Password is filling the ** or the webpage itself is putting those in there. Cheers! :pirate:

This discussion has been closed.