After adding dropbox, alpha has no choices and does nothing

yknotsmyl
yknotsmyl
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Nothing happens after adding Dropbox. Only choice is back arrow, which just loops back to enter keyword.

Comments

• MikeT
    edited May 2015

Hi @yknotsmyl,

I've moved your thread to the Modern Alpha, the Windows Beta is for the desktop version. I've renamed the forum to Windows Desktop Beta to make it clear.

Thanks!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015

@yknotsmyl, you don't mention how long you waited after enabling Dropbox syncing, but in release 2 we did hear some reports of a long delay.

We believe that's resolved in release 3, now. Could you make sure you're using the latest version of the app? The "about" page should report version 1.15.4.290.

Let us know what you find.

• SergeyTheAgile
    edited May 2015

@yknotsmyl, you need to have .opvault in your Dropbox to see it. The old .agileKeyChain format is not supported by 1Password for Windows Modern and won't be visible. Please check here for more details: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/39875/getting-your-data-into-the-opvault-format

As @DBrown mentioned there is a significant lag in previous release with Dropbox/OneDrive, this should be fixed in latest update. The latest update is available for Windows Phone already, but still going through certification in Windows Store (tablets, desktops).

• yknotsmyl
    yknotsmyl
    Community Member

I had not done the .opvault thing - problem 1. Problem 2 - I have only used 1Pswd on apple devices. Am I right? - I gave to buy 1Pswd for Windows B 4 I can setup Modern Alpha?

• @yknotsmyl, if you are using 1Password for Mac then you can create .opvault there. Check "To use .opvault in 1Password for Mac" at https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/39875/getting-your-data-into-the-opvault-format

• yknotsmyl
    yknotsmyl
    Community Member

That reference is for Mac 1pswd 5 to modern, nothing about Mac .opvault to Windows. It sure would be nice, to minimally, have an email conversation, as opposed to being bounced around this forum for 2 days now. Sorry guys and gals, but 2 days is enough to try to get something to work...think I'll move on now.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015

@yknotsmyl, the article describes how to get 1Password 5 for Mac to sync your vault to an .opvault folder (rather than to the default, a .agilekeychain folder). The .opvault folder can be opened in 1Password for Windows, sure, but the point is to make it available for use in 1Password for Windows Modern.

If you want to contact us by e-mail, which sometimes takes longer to get a reply than here in the forum (the recommended medium), the address is support+windowsmodern@agilebits.com, as noted under Documentation and support in the "join the team" post here in the forum: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/38742/join-the-1password-for-windows-modern-alpha-team

This discussion has been closed.