Unable to enable OneDrive sync

ejg930
ejg930
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

So I exported my .agilekeychain to 1PIF, then imported to a .opvault (path is OneDrive\Apps\1Password Alpha), but 1Password is not seeing it. It's showing that my OneDrive account is connected but no vaults are displaying as able to be used. I reset the app before trying this and it didn't seem to help. Is there something I missed?

Comments

• @ejg930, is your path to vault looks like \Apps\1Password Alpha\something.opvault and there is "default" folder inside it?

• ejg930
    ejg930
    Community Member

That's correct.

• We hear that sometimes there is a lag with OneDrive/Dropbox syncs, changes are not returned to our app as fast as we expect. We are looking for the reason of this behavior. Can you give it a try few hours later to see if vault appears? Thanks!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@ejg930, on what type of device are you running 1Password for Windows Modern?

• ejg930
    ejg930
    Community Member

@DBrown, that might be the issue now that you mention it. This is a desktop running Win10, so there might be a bug related to the Technical Preview.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015

It might. We've had people say they're able to use 1Password for Windows Modern in Windows 10, but we're not testing it there and actually specify Windows 8.1 as a requirement at this time.

That said, if you have OneDrive set up to keep a local copy of synced files, you might try opening the same .opvault folder from the "Folders" section of the Manage Vaults page, just to see whether you're able. We'd be interested in knowing the answer.

• Fermin
    Fermin
    Community Member

I managed to get 1Password working on my Nokia Lumia 1520 (windows Phone 8.1). But unfortunately only with Dropbox, the vault is not visible when I try OneDrive. And yes, I've created my vault using the .opvault format, otherwise I wouldn't even see it from Dropbox.

Any information when it will be possible to use OneDrive to sync between PCs and tablets/phones?

• Fermin
    Fermin
    Community Member

Hm. Never mind, it works now. Is it possible that the app is looking for .opvault directories only in certain locations in the OneDrive folder structure?

• @Fermin, we use app folder located at /Apps/1Password Alpha in OneDrive. In latest release there was a significant lag with OneDrive/Dropbox, changes could appear visible after few hours in some cases. But that's about to change to better :)

• Fermin
    Fermin
    Community Member

I figured as much. As soon as I put the .opvault somewhere under "\Anwendungsdaten" it became visible right away. :)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

That’s great news, @Fermin—thanks for letting us know!

• ejg930
    ejg930
    Community Member

@DBrown: Opening as a folder works.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@ejg930: Just to confirm, you're running the app in Windows 10, and you can open an opvault folder in the Folders section of the Manage Vaults page, but you can't open the same .opvalt folder in the OneDrive section of the Manage Vaults page?

Also, on what type of device are you running the app?

• ejg930
    ejg930
    Community Member

@DBrown That's correct. This is a desktop.

I'm hitting a separate Windows Store bug so the latest version of the Modern Alpha may fix this issue, but am currently unable to update. Will keep you posted to see if it repros once I've updated.

• @ejg930, I believe Windows 10 should run it just fine, but latest release still being certified in Windows Store (Windows Phone Store already got it). We will post an update once we see it available to download/upgrade.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Oops! I thought the latest release had been cleared in both stores. Sorry for the misinformation. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.