Website login not being added to 1Password logins

Options

After signing onto a site, 1Password does not ask me to save the login information. I'm using a macbook. What do I do?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JackDewar,

I have a couple of questions if you don't mind, they will hopefully narrow down the potential cause.

1. What version of 1Password for Mac are you running?
    2. What version of our 1Password Browser Extension are you running?
    3. Is it a particular site that it routinely doesn't offer to save or is it any site?
    4. Lastly, is this a unique password or one that you use elsewhere and may already exist in your 1Password vault?

The last one would be tough from memory but the search field in the Item List pane does search your existing password fields by default so if it's there it would be in the list of found entries.

I think between those four questions we should be able to narrow down most possible causes and hopefully find a way forward :smile:

• JackDewar
    JackDewar
    Community Member
    Options
    1. 1Password v 5.3.1
    2. I can't find anything about the version of the extension. But I just bought this and downloaded it. So it should be the latest version.
    3. I'm in the process of changing to 1Password so I tried another site after this one and it worked. I tried the original site after that and it still doesn't save the information.
    4. I don't know how to get to the items list pane but the password could be already used on other saved sites. Whether it is or not, I know that I have already saved multiple site logins with identical passwords.
  • littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JackDewar,

How would you feel about supplying the URL of the site in question? It might be we're struggling for some unknown reason with this particular site and if so we'd love to know.

Something to try though is to see if our How to manually save a Login approach works at all for you. You might find it a reasonable enough workaround if the Automatically ask to save new Logins is being tripped up.

This discussion has been closed.