Chrome extension and mini are not connecting [Moved to email]

Options
Dietmar
Dietmar
Community Member
edited May 2015 in Mac

The Chrome extension doesn't work anymore.

Symptoms:
Mini shows Add Chrome Extension in the first line
Chrome showns the 1Password: Password Manager and Secure Wallet 4.3.1.90 is installed and enabled
If I open the password helper in Chrome a windows open called 1Password Extensions - there I see a window with the message "Looking for 1 Password app"

I tried to install it and uninstall it several time, reboot, etc. - without solution.

Comment:
1. Within Safari the 1Password extension works fine
2. I'm having a second user configured on the MAC, there it also works fine in Chrome

My configuration:
OS X 10.10.3
Chrome 42.0.2311.135 (64-bit)
1 Password 5.3.1

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Dietmar,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the 1Password extension in Chrome!

It sounds like the problem is specific to the Chrome setup on your Mac user account, since the extension works in Safari, as well as in Chrome on another Mac user account. In that case, it's possible another extension in Chrome is conflicting with the 1Password extension. Assuming you have other extensions in Chrome, you can try disabling all the other extensions (leaving the 1Password extension enabled), then restart Chrome. After doing that, does the 1Password extension work, or does the same problem happen?

• Dietmar
    Dietmar
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I've disabled all other extensions, restarted Chrome -> same problem!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Dietmar: Keep in mind that other software on your computer may be blocking communications between the 1Password Helper and extension. DO you have security or firewall software that might need to be configured to allow an exception? Please let us know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• Dietmar
    Dietmar
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: I've tried this also without any success. No additional software installed, so pure OS X configuration.
    All those security settings should be valid for the user. 1Password works well with Safari. Now I've tried it with Firefox also. This configuration works as well.
    The combination 1Password and Chrome makes problems. I have worked for the last year with this setup without any problems. I hope there is a solution for this issue.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Dietmar,

I'm sorry that didn't help! If you haven't already done so, please make sure you take a look through the rest of our troubleshooting guide for the 1Password extension, as there is likely something in there that will solve the problem.

If none of the suggestions in that guide help, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply with a ticket ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and make sure you receive a reply as quickly as possible.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Dietmar
    Dietmar
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I checked the troubleshooting guide, but couldn't find a solution. So I generated the diagnostics report and send it. For your reference, the support ID is [#QYV-77899-365].

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Dietmar,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! I've updated the email thread with the necessary details from this forum discussion so that it is easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some further information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: QYV-77899-365

This discussion has been closed.