Dropbox 3.9

Options
tonydow
tonydow
Community Member

The latest iPad Dropbox update 3.9 mentions " 1Password login extension support to create or access a 1Password vault" but I cannot find any trace of this in the Dropbox app. I have asked Dropbox support but they say they are too busy to answer!!! Can you help? Thanks

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tonydow,

I apologize for the confusion. The original release notes were worded a little bit strangely. They've since been updated:

Basically, Dropbox has add the 1Password app extension to their app, which means you will be able to access your 1Password data from within the Dropbox app and fill an existing Login, or use 1Password to create a new Login for Dropbox.

I hope this clears things up!

• tonydow
    tonydow
    Community Member
    Options

No. I cannot find anything in the Dropbox app that enables me to access 1P data. That was my original query.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tonydow,

My apologies for misunderstanding! You won't be able to view the entirety of your 1Password data in the Dropbox app. The intent of the 1Password app extension is to make logging and filing your data into forms simpler. So, if you log out of your account in the Dropbox app, you'll see a little 1Password icon in the password field. Tap that icon to open the 1Password app extension and access your Dropbox Login so you can fill your details without ever leaving the Dropbox app.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I have just experimented with this and discovered how it works. If you sign out of Dropbox on your iPad then sign in again you will see a 1P icon on the login screen. If you click on it 1Password offers your Dropbox login details which you can accept and they will then be filled in.

Stephen

• tonydow
    tonydow
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Megan and @Stephen_C for the clarification. Tony

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Tony ( @tonydow ),

I'm glad we could help! :)

Let us know if you have any other questions about 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.