Not saving manual log in?

Options

Mac - Yosemite
1Password - 5.3
Firefox - 31.0

bankofamerica.com

auto was working two days ago when I tested using 2 different logins as advised b/c of their website rules. Now today it doesn't work. Tried to save manual and no login gets saved to 1pwd? Please advise

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fredsimmons,

Could you supply a bit more detail about what is (or isn't) happening please.

I tried creating a Login item on the main page at https://www.bankofamerica.com using our How to manually save a Login guide and it saved to my vault and I could fill on the first page. I'm unable to test the second stage as I don't have an account with them. Once we have a better idea of where the issue is though I can ask one of my colleagues to join the discussion if needed.

Hopefully we can get everything back on track :smile:

• fredsimmons
    fredsimmons
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the assist. I upgraded firefox so it now "saves" the manual login into 1P. Before it just never showed up in 1P after I hit save. It does autofill the value now when I click on the saved login, but does not open the page. Not a big deal for me as I just hit submit, but would be interested in knowing if I'm missing something on the concept of "fill and open" for auto logins?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fredsimmons,

Well I'm glad to hear you've managed to sort part of the issue out. It sounds like we have a compatibility issue between the extension/1Password mini and the ESR version of Firefox. I tend to run just the latest version of Firefox for troubleshooting reasons so hadn't realised. Thank you for reporting this.

Now for the other point you raised. Like before I can only play about with the first page as I don't have a valid Online ID to proceed. I tried the Safari and Firefox browsers and both were happy to submit after filling for me.

There's both a global setting and a per Login item setting. Now if you created a new item it should have been set to Submit when enabled by default. If you're wondering that particular option is only visible if you edit the Login item.

The global setting is in 1Password's preferences, specifically the Browser tab. It's called Automatically submit logins after filling. If both are enabled it should work.

Does that resolve it at all or are you still having issues with it submitting after filling?

• fredsimmons
    fredsimmons
    Community Member
    Options

Still having the same issue with this site? Checked both settings above and they are set properly.

• fredsimmons
    fredsimmons
    Community Member
    Options

I've noticed that when I do a "manual save" for this bofa.com login and I edit within 1P it shows nothing in the "user" field, but a "password" in the pwd field? When I performed the manual login I simply entered the user id into the field and then hit "save manual"

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015
    Options

@fredsimmons: I'm using Firefox 37.0.2, 1Password 5.3, and extension 4.3.1 on OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 and wasn't able to get it to fail, either submitting automatically or manually. Since the username and password forms are on different pages, you won't be able to save both simultaneously. We can both 'thank' Bank of America for that. :p

These are the URLs I'm getting when I log into the site:
    https://www.bankofamerica.com/index.jsp
    https://secure.bankofamerica.com/login/sign-in/entry/signOn.go

I manually saved a new login for both the initial username form and the password form:

Are you seeing something different? I won't be able to downgrade Firefox, but perhaps upgrading might net you better results, since that seems to be the only disparity between our setups. Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• fredsimmons
    fredsimmons
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah...ironically I received a note today from BofA stating they are removing the site key by EOY and going to single page sign on. For now I have the two rule setup. The second rule (BofA2)works like a champ. The first rule (BofaA1) enters the user id but does not auto submit to the next sign in page?!? I checked my versions and updated everyone of them to match yours...still no luck?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yeah...ironically I received a note today from BofA stating they are removing the site key by EOY and going to single page sign on.

@fredsimmons: WOOO!!! I have not received this email myself, but it better not be a Canadian April Fools joke. This has been a struggle for me as well over the years! :+1: :lol: :+1:

I checked my versions and updated everyone of them to match yours...still no luck?

Ouch. Are you having the same issue as well in Safari or possibly Chrome? I wonder if it's Firefox, the Firefox extension, or something else entirely. It seems odd that AutoSubmit is working, but for only one login item. Let's focus on the one that isn't working for you.

First check your preferences in 1Password itself:

And then examine the item itself. Here's mine, which works:

If you're seeing a difference here, I'd try saving the first page of the login again from scratch. Here's the URL I have:

https://www.bankofamerica.com/index.jsp

And finally, make sure that AutoSubmit is showing as enabled in Firefox (this should match your 1Password Preferences):

Let's see where this gets us. :)

• fredsimmons
    fredsimmons
    Community Member
    Options

So I double checked all the settings to ensure mine match yours. They are all set properly. I have not tried the other browsers for bofa, but I may try that later today. As for Firefox and my manual login settings. I notice when I save manually my web form details look different than yours...(same result btw...does not auto submit...just sits there lifelessly! ;)

So then I performed an edit of the manual save to match yours...(one thing however that bothers me is I can't see above your web form details. Mine shows user/password/website at the top. Yours is hidden. 1PW appears to have a value in the password field, which is strange to me. but when I click on the actual field it just shows up empty. Anyway...

Different result this time. It does perform an auto submit but takes me to the "BofA location finder screen" ?

• fredsimmons
    fredsimmons
    Community Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

I found the reason why its different. When I click on the link you provided (https://www.bankofamerica.com/index.jsp) it takes me to "small business" versus "personal":

I made that change back to personal then performed all manual save actions over again. Did an edit to match yours and this time it gave me an error:

There was an error processing your request. Please enter at least a City and State OR a valid Zip code.

[mod edit: removed screenshot with username, just in case!]

• fredsimmons
    fredsimmons
    Community Member
    Options

Ooops. Looks like I will be updating my user id! lol

• fredsimmons
    fredsimmons
    Community Member
    Options

So I got to thinking on the "personal" versus "small business" to see if I could recognize a pattern of strange behavior. Sure enough! I went to clear Firefox out, including cookies, and perform a restart. When I clicked on the BofA link it was correct and not showing my old user id...so basically a blank slate to work with. Performed a 1P manual login save and it worked like a champ! Did a logout and tried a second time in a row. No go?!? So I went through the cycle again, restart firefox, manual save, etc.. Same thing happened but this time I watched out BofA did a logout. BofA logged me out to a "small business" logout screen. So the next time I use 1P the weblink is broken b/c Firefox (without a clear or restart) automatically goes back to this "small business" login and not what I set in 1P. It's either BofA or Firefox overriding the 1P saved login? Very frustrating and not sure how to fix?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

1PW appears to have a value in the password field, which is strange to me.

@fredsimmons: Sorry for the confusion. In fact my "Bankofamerica1" login item has no password information saved. 1Password just shows the same •••••••••• over the password field regardless of its contents -- in this case, nothing. :)

I think the URL you're using may be part of the key here. There must be a cookie for the site saved in your browser that results in you being redirected to https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallbusiness/ when you go to https://www.bankofamerica.com/index.jsp and these are very different forms for some reason -- which explains the different fields saved in your login compared to mine. I haven't changed any Firefox settings (except to disable its password saving/filling:

and the only changes I made when logging in were to uncheck "Save this online ID" on the first (username) step and have it remember me on the second to skip the 'security question', which always changes. For instance, I'm not entering any other information besides the username and password (after the first attempt), so I'm not setting the city or state or anything like that. Are you, or is this maybe being done automatically for you, (since I see that information in the logins you saved)?

There was an error processing your request. Please enter at least a City and State OR a valid Zip code.

When I tried filling my existing login at https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallbusiness/ I got the same error, because it's trying to fill the form from https://www.bankofamerica.com/index.jsp

It may be that your cookies are just being automatically set in such a way that is causing this issue based on your account type (for instance, I only have a credit card through Bank of America) when you log into the site the first time. I definitely don't have a Small Business account with them, so between that and the URL it may account for the difference.

Just to be sure, though, I did create a new pair of logins in Firefox at https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallbusiness/ but it's still submitting and logging me in just fine, like the other one.

I have't seen you make a reference to the 1Password extension version you have installed in Firefox currently, so go ahead and uninstall it just in case and then reinstall a fresh copy from our site: https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions

After reinstalling, see if you're able to Go & Fill normally. If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do would be to use the 1Password Troubleshooting tool to generate a diagnostic report and send it to support+forums at AgileBits dot com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening. Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

• fredsimmons
    fredsimmons
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for all your help! It works fine now so long as I clear the cookies on Firefox each session. Easy workaround for me...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@fredsimmons: You're very welcome! That's good to hear, although I wish that clearing the cookies every time wasn't necessary. I'm not sure how the cookies would interfere with AutoSubmit in the first place.

It maybe possible to disable cookies for the BofA site only at least. Go to Firefox Preferences > Privacy > History > Firefox will: Use custom settings for history > Exceptions... enter bankofamerica.com and click Block to add it to the list. Hopefully this proves to be an even easier workaround. :)

This discussion has been closed.