Recently bought for a mac - Do I need to buy for Android to?!

ZivL
ZivL
Community Member

Hi,

Recently bought license for a mac - Do I need to buy for Android to?! If I want to add new logins, etc.

Hope not.. :)

Best,
Z

Comments

• Hey @ZivL. Thanks for supporting 1Password. :)

Our licenses are sold per platform, so that customers can purchase only what they need. We do this because we have to cover the development costs of each platform. We offer bundles whenever possible, for a reduced cost, such as in the case of OS X + Windows.

With that being said, unfortunately because of how the Play Store is designed, we are not able to bundle the premium features on Android with 1Password on other platforms. The in-app purchase is handled directly through the Play Store and is linked to your Google account. The Android Premium features do, however, cost significantly less than the Mac license.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but I hope that clarifies things a bit. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

• FirstMac1984
    FirstMac1984
    Community Member

i have a mac license and would like my android tablet use one of the five devices. how do i do it

• Hey @FirstMac1984. Thanks for joining us in the forums. :) I went ahead and merged your thread with this thread on the same subject.

To answer your question, 1Password is licensed per platform. That is, your 1Password 5 for Mac license can be used on all of your Mac devices. However, the Android premium features are available through an in-app purchase which is handled through Google Play, and linked to your Google account rather than to an actual license.

As such, we're unable to bundle the premium features on Android with 1Password on any other platform. You can read more about 1Password licenses here:
    https://support.1password.com/license-requirements/win.html

I hope that answers your question! Let us know if you need any other clarification. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.