Logins not working iPad2

Options

the past couple of days I've noticed that the 1Password extension is not filling in passwords on my iPad2. I've tried both Safari and Chrome and no luck - the fields remain blank.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @galoosh,

Are you finding it is specific Login items or have you tested a number of them and are finding none are filling? I'm not aware of a general issue at all in the stable release of 1Password for iOS.

If it's specific sites something may have changed on the site itself or if you've recently upgraded from version 5.2.1 or earlier then it might be because we made a big change in the filling logic, sometimes referred to as the brain. In the latest version of 1Password for iOS you can even create a Login item from within the iOS Safari Extension. The benefit of this is it can view the fields you've filled and record a better snapshot of how the specific webpage works. Does following our guide, Create a new Login item in Safari (iOS) allow you to create a new Login item that works in replacement of a broken one?

Hopefully that will help but if not please do let us know a little more about your circumstances and we'll see if we can discern what has happened.

Love the avatar btw :smile:

• galoosh
    galoosh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables - there doesn't seem to be any pattern I can figure out. Some days it works and other days it doesn't. It'll go for several days of working fine and then not work for a day.

And thanks about my avatar!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@galoosh: That looks like Ein!

lil bobby gave you some great advice. Often manually re-saving a login can help give 1Password current information about the form you're trying to fill. If you do continue running into this issue, though, please give us the URLs where you're running into trouble so we can test it ourselves and either offer a solution or see if we can improve 1Password going forward. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.