Improvement: Extra Popup on replace existing Login

lutz
lutz
Community Member

Sometimes a new Login are replaced a already stored Login.
I think a good improvement are a alert or an extra popup that the other Login are replaced, so the user must say "YES".

thanks so far

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015

@lutz: Thanks for the feedback! Currently, 1Password will offer you a dropdown menu to choose whether you want to replace, update, or create a new login:

Just be sure that you don't replace one you want to keep! If you're seeing something else, a screenshot may be helpful, and also let us know which OS, 1Password, extension, and browser versions you're using so we can test it. I hope this helps! :)

• lutz
    lutz
    Community Member

@brenty: yes - this window!
    If your work the whole day on your PC and you store a new Account for a Customer at Google Login, you dont see every time these entry "update existing" ;)

I fail to see this entry so often in the daily work :angry:

I think if there many other useres, that periodically overwrite ther "own" accounts with new stored accounts - a change can be helpfull to prevent the user in normal "work tunnel view" that they not recognized this without an alert ;)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lutz,

Just to let you know, should you do this you do have a couple of different routes to retrieving the overwritten information. Login items are special for a number of reasons and one of the ways they are is they have a password history. So if you update a Login with a new password that you didn't intend to store in that exact place then open up the main 1Password window and select the item in question. You should see a show previously used passwords button underneath the show web form details one. You can then copy it and edit the Login item to restore functionality.

If something more drastic has happened then we can also guide you through how to use your backups to retrieve just a single item.

Just so there is no misunderstanding, is part of the issue that it visually looks too much like the 1Password Save Login window so you are missing that it is updating rather than creating a new one?

• lutz
    lutz
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables thanks 4 info!
    Yes ist only that i pass so often that is was updated instead to create a new once ;)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad the information proved helpful @lutz :smile:

Where do you we stand in regards to your original post now?

• lutz
    lutz
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables For my opinioin I wish an extra button to acknowledge the overwrite ;)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

I shall pass your thoughts on @lutz

This discussion has been closed.