Apple Watch Feature Request - Credit Card PIN Number [Resolved: Coming in future release]

stenielsen
stenielsen
Community Member
edited July 2015 in Apple Watch

Hi, I'm using the Apple Watch and looked forward to use 1Password on it. I use my credit card for fetching money from an ATM. Therefor I need the Pin for my card. I was very disappointed, that only the number, the ex. date and the CVC code is on my watch. Is there a way to get the pin on the watch?

Comments

• Hi @stenielsen! Currently 1Password for Apple Watch does not show the PIN for credit card items, but we are listening to a lot of feedbacks from folks like yourself to see where we can improve 1Password for Apple Watch. You're not the only one who has asked for this, and I will add your vote to the feature request.

ref: OPI-2660

• borsTiHD
    borsTiHD
    Community Member

Hi all,

have exact the same problem.
    I'm using the "credit card items" to store my "EC Cards".
    My "EC Cards" only have a number and a pin.

Works on my pc and on my iPhone pretty sweet.
    On my Watch I can only see the same options @stenielsen mentioned.
    Would be pretty nice to see my "pin" field.

I read a lot here and I know that I'm not the only one asking for that, and I also know that not every dev has a Watch yet.
    So don't worry, I only wanted to give feedback and the request for that feature. :)

Thanks again and sorry for my bad english.

Wit best regards
    borsTiHD

• Hi @borsTiHD! Your English read perfectly fine to me!

We're working on some substantial improvements for 1Password for Apple Watch based on user feedback, so your vote is greatly appreciated.

We're also excited to see if Apple gives us any new tools at WWDC in a couple weeks that may benefit 1Password for Apple Watch. Hang in there as we have big plans for 1Password on your wrist.

• mccltd
    mccltd
    Community Member

Just paid to get the apple watch features thinking how great it would be to access my pin on the phone. Surprised to see you can't as I thought it was the most obvious use.

• Thanks for the vote on adding PIN for credit card items, @mccltd!

• grayman001
    grayman001
    Community Member

Would also love the option for the pin as well.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@grayman001: Thanks for the feedback. We're looking forward to adding this as well! :)

• david_London
    david_London
    Community Member

Can you please add the credit card PIN number as one of the fields in the Apple Watch app as this is one of the most common fields which you need to check. Please note that in Europe and many other countries, almost all credit card transactions need to be verified by entering a four digit PIN number into the credit card machine.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2015

Hi @david_London ,

I've merged your request with an existing feature request in the Apple Watch section of our forum. As is stated above, we have an improvement request in our internal issue tracker and I'm happy to add your vote there.

Thanks so much for the feedback!

ref: OPI-2758

• NickG
    NickG
    Community Member

My workaround is to add the PIN to the confirmation number field - that makes it visible on the watch

• @NickG That's definitely a decent workaround…for now. :wink: :wink:

• Hey everyone, I just wanted to post a little bit of good news for you. In our latest beta release we have added PIN code to the Credit Card category on 1Password for Apple Watch.

Keep an eye out for this in a future release.

• cocciasik
    cocciasik
    Community Member

Great news! :-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.